Saturday, March 21, 2020

BREAKING: Kenny Rogers Passed Away!

Kenny Rogers passed away.
You got to know when to fold.....

Iconic words from a famed entertainer who crossovers included country, jazz, soft rock and gospel.

Kenny Rogers passed away on Friday at the age of 81. The news was broken by his publicist and family. He passed away from natural causes.

Donald J. Trump, Mike Pence, Congress and the entertainment industry were notified of his passing.



Kenneth Ray Rogers was an American singer, songwriter, actor, record producer and entrepreneur.

He was a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame.

In the late 1950s, Kenny stared his recording career with jazz-singer Bobby Doyle and joined the folk ensemble The New Christy Minstrels in 1961, playing double bass and bass guitar. He left the group to form The First Edition, which scored his first major hit, "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)," a psychedelic rock song which peaked at No. 5 on Billboard.

Rogers started becoming the frontman of the group and helped the group turn from rock to country.

He scored another hit with "Ruby Don't Take Your Love to Town," which gave fans a country feel.

The First Edition broke up and Kenny Rogers embarked on his solo career and it became his biggest success.

He would do duets with Dolly Parton, Sheena Easton and Lionel Richie.

His trademark song, the 1978 single, "The Gambler" was a crossover success. He won a Grammy in 1980 and the song was preserved in the National Recording Registry at the Library of Congress.

He would develop the persona throughout his time. He starred in the movie, Kenny Rogers as The Gambler.

His two albums, The Gambler and Kenny were the 200 Most Influential Country Albums Ever.

Kenny would be a famous actor, singer, and restaurant businessman. He is the founder of the chicken and biscuit chain Kenny Rogers Roasters with former KFC CEO John Y Brown, Jr.

Kenny Rogers was born in 1938 in Houston, Texas. He was the fourth of eight children. He was of Irish and Native American ancestry.

"The family is planning a small private service at this time out of concern for the national COVID19 emergency. They look forward to celebrating Kenny's life publicly with his friends and fans at a later date," the statement said.

Rogers was hospitalized for dehydration last May.

He has recorded 39 albums and sold over 100 million albums.

Rogers had retired from the music industry in 2015. He wanted to spend more time with his wife Wanda and his five children.

"I've done this long enough. I wrote in my book that sometimes there's a fine line between being driven and being selfish. And I think I crossed that line when I was younger," he said. "I really want to be there with my kids and my wife. They're very important to me and I don't see enough of them."

Upon his retirement, Rogers said, "I swore that I would do this until embarrassed myself," he said. "I'm getting to where I don't walk around well. My mobility is really driving me crazy."

Kenny was married five times. He leaves behind five children.

Listen to The Gambler here.



An iconic musician passed away. I told you that major entertainers will pass away this year. I didn't think that Kenny Rogers would be on the radar.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails