Thursday, March 05, 2020

My Manager Told Me To Go Home Thanks To This Racist Customer Not Paying For Food!

An Olive Garden server was told to go home after a racist customer refused to pay for food.
Over in Evansville, Indiana, a woman who worked for Olive Garden was embarrassed by the actions of a customer and her manager. She was told to not serve a white customer because of her attire.

Amira Donahue and an unidentified server both claimed that they were targeted with racial discrimination on Saturday.

The incident spawned over a white woman asking for a water at the restaurant.

The woman asked for a server who wasn't Black and the manager complied.
The former Olive Garden employee shares her story with the junk food media. Amira Donahue said that woman berated her and another Black server for no reason.
Donahue shared that the woman's fury was directed at her.

"She stood in the middle of the restaurant and started screaming at me in front of all the customers," Donahue recalled. "The lady also made comments about me to another co-worker saying that I am not family-friendly and that I should go work at a strip club instead of an Olive Garden."

"(She asked) am I even Black, am I from here, am I from America, just like offhand comments like that and referring me to the 'other one.'"

Olive Garden's spokesman Hunter Robinson said that the company does not tolerate discrimination of any type and added that senior leadership would be investigating the incident. They confirmed that the manager was immediately fired out the cannon. The restaurant is hoping to find the customer and have her banned from eating at any of their facilities.

NAACP Evansville spoke on the matter.

Reverend Gerald Arnold stressed that they had not received a formal complaint but added that they were too investigating the matter.

Donahue said that the company and her management should have handle this matter quickly.

"I would never expect it to be so apparent in public like it's 2020, not 1920 and I feel like it should take more than social media to get a problem like this out there," Donahue said.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails