Thursday, March 19, 2020

Ben McAdams: I Got The Coronavirus!

Rep. Ben McAdams (D-UT) got the corornavirus.
Freshman Democrat from Utah confirms he has the coronavirus.

Rep. Ben McAdams (D-UT) announced from his home he was tested positive for the coronavirus.

"What I've been told by the House physician is that anyone who had close contact with me from Friday onward should be concerned and should probably take precautions," McAdams said.

He said this is worse than the common cold.

The Utah lawmaker said that there aren't a lot of members who would be in that category, but the "few members that I had contact with in that period probably should be quarantined."

McAdams started feeling sick on Saturday, but only mildly so. His doctor didn't think his symptoms - a temperature of 100 and a cough -- justified getting tested for COVID-19. But then took a "turn for the worse" from Monday night into Tuesday, when he had a temperature of 103 and his lungs were really constricted, he said.

"I felt like I had a belt around my chest, so I couldn't breathe deeply," McAdams said. He would then see his doctor and he was confirmed of having this.

He joins Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL) in having this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails