Friday, September 27, 2019

I'm Him!

I'm Him.
Louisiana rapper Kevin Gates releases a sophomore album that pays homage to a deceased rapper.

Kevin Gates long awaited sophomore album is out. It pays homage to rapper/music producer Speaker Knockerz. The album I'm Him (I'm His Imperial Majesty) in nod to his conversion to Islam.

The rapper released his album today. It's distributed through Atlantic Records and his own Bread Winners' Association label.

With this album release, Gates (born Kevin Jerome Gilyard) is planning to tour.


After his release from the iron college, Kevin Gates decided to get into the studio. He decided to make a second album after he got out of "retirement." He was inspired by his wife, Dreka and his two children.
Kevin Gates with his wife Dreka.
His return to social media saw him posting a picture with the phrase "I'm Him," many fans speculating it to be the title of his second album. The albums singles were Push It and Facts.

They were included on the 17-track album.

There are no guest features on this album.



The rapper also had released an EP earlier this year. The album Only the Generals Gon Understand.

The six track album was released while Kevin Gates prepared for his sophomore album.



The Baton Rouge rapper announced the projected, titled I'm Him, back in late June along with the release of the album's lead single "Push It." Gates spoke about the 17-track effort in an August interview with Billboard, explaining his mental and physical evolution since the release of his 2016 debut album, ISLAH.

"I’m growing. I’m watching Kevin Gates grow. He’s growing. I’m proud of it. He’s starting to not make excuses. He’s starting to hold himself accountable. I’m proud of him. It took a little longer than it took for most people. Women mature faster than men, but I’m proud of him," he said. "... He came from nothing. Everybody talked about him. He was fat at one time. He’s been everything you can be."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails