Friday, September 20, 2019

Bill de Blasio Has Left The Building!

New York mayor Bill de Blasio is out of the race.
New York City mayor Bill de Blasio throws in the towel.

He announced his departure from the Democratic presidential nomination on Friday.

In an interview on Morning Joe, de Blasio said, "Getting out there, being able to hear people's concerns, address them with new ideas, has been an extraordinary experience. But I have to tell you, at the same time, I feel like I've contributed all I can to this primary election and it's clearly not my time so I'm going to end my presidential campaign."

De Blaiso, 58, is currently the mayor of America's largest city and held the position since 2014. He just recently won reelection in 2018. He was New York City's public advocate from 2010 to 2013.

The mayor entered the race as a fierce progressive. His campaign was struggling from the jump.

Many far-right agitators like Sean "Softball" Hannity were demonizing de Blasio. The mayor was facing an uphill battle from the likes of his own constituents.
Bill de Blasio with wife Charline McCray.
That means there will be no one from New York running for president other than Donald J. Trump.

He went to trolling the announcement. He must of seen it on Fox & Friends.


Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) was the first candidate to drop out the race.

Now with de Blasio out, there will only be at least 19 active candidates, I think. I'm not sure anymore.

All I know is that in October, if none of the candidates can muster 2% of the vote, 130,000 significant donors and a massive following, you're going to end your campaign.

De Blasio took office in 2014, he seemed briefly poised to become a leading voice for an emerging progressive Democratic Party. His central message was fighting income inequality, a theme he hit in the video announcing his presidential candidacy.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails