Saturday, September 28, 2019

Herstory In The Making!

Young M.A. releases her debut album.
Long awaited debut album from New York rapper is released.

Young M.A. (born Katroah Marrero) is a rapper and entrepreneur who broke into the hip-hop scene with her hit single OOOUUU. The song was a sure banger and many in the hip-hop community say this woman got bars.

M.A.'s album Herstory In The Making is out and it a got mainstream buzz.

The album features production from known producers Zaytoven, Mike Zombie, Armadeus and NY Bangers.

It has feautres from Relley Bey and Max YB.

The album has 21 singles.



In a press release, Young M.A. stated,

"There isn't a single day that I don't think about my brother (Kenneth Ramos). He continues to motivate me; inspire me and this project will forever be dedicated to his legacy. You're gonna get the truth. You're gonna get the cocky joints, the slick talk joints where I talk my talk, but then I'm get personal. Real personal. That's why this called Herstory In The Making because it's about all sides of me. People will hear this album and say, 'I had no idea she was going through all that.' I don't put myself out there on social media. I save it for the music, and I write it all. This is all me."

Marrero got the name Young M.A. by calling it, "Me Always."

She was nominated for BET and MTV Artist of the Year and Female Hip-Hop Artist of the Year awards. She began appearing on magazine covers, and in 2016 opened for Beyonce at MetLife Stadium.
Young M.A. is probably one of the best female lyricists in hip-hop.
She has toured with 21 Savage and had sold out shows.

She had been in advertising campaigns for Google Pixel 2, Beats Audio (By Dre) and SiriusXM/Pandora.

She founded the KWEENZ foundation to "help those residing in Brooklyn overcome the grief and trauma that comes with the loss of a loved one."

M.A. was self-identified as a lesbian but no longer see that as a label. She stated that she loves women and men but doesn't care what label you give her. She said she's been interested in girls since the first grade and told Vogue magazine that coming out was an important point in her artistic development.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails