Friday, April 10, 2020

Chynna Passed Away!

Rapper and model Chynna passed away.
Philadelphia rapper and model died due to the opioid crisis.

Chynna Rogers, 25 was found dead inside her Philadelphia home on Wednesday from an accidental drug overdose. The Philadelphia Department of Public Health said family did a welfare check on the entertainer and saw her slump over in her home.

Chynna was candid about her struggles with drug addiction while doing an interview with Pitchfork.

"I usually don't express myself or get open about things until it's in hindsight, and I'm not dealing with it anymore. That's why I didn't tell people that I was a drug addict until I got out of rehab," she told Pitchfork. "I see a lot of artists decide they want to go through shit with their fans, and that's cool because it gives your fans something to hold onto. But I need to handle it myself first, and then, when I've figured out how I want to word it, we can talk about it -- ya'll not about to go through it with me."
Young entertainer struggled with opioid abuse.

She continued, "I did end up talking about it, because there are a lot more people dealing with this shit than you think, and they should know that someone who looks like me or does this could have the same problem as the fiend on the corner."

In the same interview, Chynna said that she realized that she "didn't have control" over her past addition problems when it started affecting her work life.

"It got to the point where I had to do something just to be able to get onstage and do my job. I didn't like that. That was taking it too far, because it stops being fun and starting being because you have to, and that's when you need to chill," she said.

Chynna released the EPs, "I'm Not Here. This Isn't Happening in 2015 and "music 2 die 2" in 2016.

Her final EP, :"in case i die first," was released in December.

Listen to her albums here.







Another young talent taken way too soon.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails