Friday, January 31, 2020

Funeral!


An album release from Dwayne Michael Carter (aka Lil' Wayne). This is the second album post Cash Money Records. The rapper had an almost decade long feud with the label

Lil' Wayne released his thirteenth album at midnight. The album titled, "Funeral" was released on Universal Republic Records through his Young Money Entertainment label.



The album was completed in 2019, as Lil' Wayne started promoting the album. 

In an interview with Vibe, Lil' Wayne spoke on how his recording process changed throughout his career saying:

"I love the difficulty of trying to fin in with what's going on today, making sure I sound likeable to the ears today and having to remind myself that it's not about what it was back then. [...] I can't wait to get int the studio now every night, just to see what I can come up with. [Before] it was just me going to the studio and saying let me kill ten more songs and then I'm going to go home or do whatever I was doing. Now, it's let me see what I come up with. Self-discovery, rebirth --- call it whatever you want to call it but it feels awesome, I swear to God."

On social media, the rapper released the artwork and approximate release date to his album.
Lil Wayne gonna bury the industry.
WIth the announcement he teased a snippet of the album with lyrics, "welcome to the funeral, closed casket as usual."

Listen to the album here.


The album has 24 tracks and has productions from R!o & Kamo, Mannie Fresh, Sarcastic Sounds, Some Randoms, Mike WiLL Made It, DJ Infamous, Jahlil Beats, Timothy Sommers, Cool & Dre, Murda Beatz, MonstaBeatz and others. 

He has features with 2 Chainz, The-Dream, O.T. Genasis, Lil Twist, Takeoff, Adam Levine, Jay Rock, Big Sean, Lil Baby and the late XXXTentacion.

It's starting to look like a good year for the music. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails