Monday, January 13, 2020

Cory Booker Found His Way Out Of The Box!

Another candidate folds. Cory Booker exits the race for president.
Another one folds. Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) struggled through the Democratic primaries and couldn't get out the slump. He announced he is dropping out the bid to oust Donald J. Trump.

On his way out, he took another shot at the Democratic candidates remaining.

"Nearly one year ago, I got in the race for president because I believed to my core that the answer to the common pain Americans are feeling right now, the answer to Donald Trump's hatred and division, is to reignite our spirit of common purpose to take on our biggest challenges and build more just and fair country for everyone," said Booker.

"I've always believed that. I still believe that. I'm proud I never compromised my faith in these principles during this campaign to score political points or tear down others."

He added, "And maybe I'm stubborn, but I'll never abandon my faith in what we can accomplish when we join together."

The 50-year old U.S. Senator couldn't get past the 2% threshold.

With twelve hopeful remaining, barely half of the field continues on to set their sights on the nomination.

"It's with a full heart I share this news -- I'm suspending my campaign for president," Booker wrote on social media.

Trump decided to troll Booker.



Booker was polling at 1.8% among Democratic voters according to Real Clear Politics.

"I've said throughout this race that this election is not just a referendum on Donald Trump. It's a referendum on who we are and who we must be to each other. And over the past year, I've seen the very best of who we can be," said Booker.

Booker made a lot of noise about diversity.

He and Julian Castro were the most vocal about how the Democratic Party is not bringing diversity onto the debate stage. He and Castro were not polling like Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Andrew Yang and Tom Steyer.

Booker jabbed at Biden over his past remarks on race relations. Booker never gained the momentum his former rivals gotten.

Booker was former Newark mayor and one of the rising star within the party. When Frank Lautenberg died while in office, Booker ran for the U.S. Senate. He would win the special election and become a household name in New Jersey and people believed he would run for president.

He is a vegan and is currently dating Rosario Dawson.

Booker in the final months of the year was begging for campaign fundraising because he feared if he ran out of money, he would be forced to drop out.

Now that Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Beto O'Rourke, Julian Castro and Tim Ryan are out the way, Trump will find comfort slaughtering the remaining candidates.

Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden are going to get defeated in this race against Trump.

Trump has a 60% chance of winning reelection. No Democratic candidate emerged as a pivotal frontrunner. They have not put up a fight against Trump.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails