Monday, November 25, 2019

T.I.P. For Tact!

Jada Pinkett Smith talks to T.I. and Tiny about "hymengate."
Media mogul Clifford "T.I." Harris goes to Red Table Talks to defend his actions. He was ridiculed by women's groups after he admitted on a podcast that he took his 18-year old daughter to a gynecologist to check if her hymen is still in tact. The hymen is the lining of the vagina.

T.I., 39, said to Jada Pinkett Smith that he was being a dad, despite the backlash.

He and wife, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle-Harris spoke publicly for the first time about the scandal he jokingly calls, 'hymengate.'

T.I. said his intentions "have been terribly misconstrued."



While appearing on the "Ladies Like Us" podcast that aired Nov. 5, hosts Nazanin Mandi and Nadia Moham asked T.I. if he had "the sex talk" with his daughters.

T.I. said: "Yes. Not only have we had the conversation. We have yearly trips to the gynecologist to check her hymen,” referring specifically to Deyjah Harris.



T.I. told Pinkett Smith the conversation from the podcast was "in a very joking manner."

"And so I just, from a place of truth, I began to embellish and exaggerate and I think that a lot of people kind of took it extremely literal,“ T.I. said. “I honestly thought people knew me better than that.”

Pinkett Smith responded, "Well, there's some of us that know you, but there's a lot of people that don't."
Remarks about his daughter got T.I. in some deep shit.
Many expressed concern over his earlier remarks or slammed them as controlling, harmful and disgusting, among other things.

Asked by Pinkett Smith whether he understood the sensitivity surrounding the topic, T.I. said he did not at the time, but does now.

T.I. also sought to clarify his earlier remarks.

"I never said I was in any exam room. That is an assumption. That is a falsity," he said on "Red Table Talk." "I never said that it was being done present day as an 18-year-old."

So here's the question of the day:


Do you believe that T.I.'s comments about protecting his daughter's virginity were inappropriate or justified? (Expect trolls to offer the most dumbest answers and responses. This is an unscientific poll so we expect trolls here).

No. I don't think his comments were inappropriate. T.I. was being a father. He knows the risks of his daughter becoming pregnant at an early age or contacting a STI infection. He believes that the rap culture (which he is a product of) could affect her. He wants to make sure his daughter find a good man to start a relationship and family with.
Yes. I think it was inappropriate for T.I. for putting his daughter's business out in the public. Not only it was embarrassing, but it was sexist. He should control his daughter's decisions in who she wants to be in a relationship with. His comments were out-of-touch with women and he shows lack of empathy towards his daughter when it comes to her body.
Other
Please Specify:

I don't know how to react to the remarks that were made. I want say I stand with T.I.P. but I also want to say that his daughter Deyjah has a right to make her choice in her body and her relationships.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails