Wednesday, November 13, 2019

John Legend Named People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive!

Entertainer John Legend gets double cover. He was named People Magazine's Most Sexiest Man Alive.
Is PEOPLE Magazine changing its tune when it comes to naming the "Most Sexiest Person?"

Holey moley, the magazine finally decided to pick another person of color as their "Most Sexiest Man Alive." I believe the pressure campaign to get PEOPLE magazine to change direction was successful.

Their choice of Sexiest Man Alive was always controversial. For years, me and LeReyna covered this. I was starting to notice there was a pattern of nominating white entertainers as their choice of "Most Sexiest Man Alive." The last person to ever grace that cover was Denzel Washington in 1996.

Many of the concerns were started when PEOPLE decided to nominate a white entertainer who was already given the title. After much outcry, the magazine decided to diversify its choices.

Now joining the title of Most Sexiest Man Alive are Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Idris Elba and the latest edition.

He is a native of Dayton, Ohio. Matter of fact, he grew up in the nearby city of Springfield. He is married to model/reality star/activist Chrissy Teigen. He is a prolific entertainer who has numerous hits under his belt.
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are a beautiful couple.
He is a caring man who loves his wife, children and community.

This year, he came back to the city to meet with mayor Nan Whaley shortly after the Oregon District massacre. He has offered portions of his album sales to help pay for the victims of gun violence.

John Rogers Stevens known professionally as John Legend was named 2019's Most Sexiest Man Alive. This is the first time John Legend was named in the magazine.

Legend is an Emmy, Grammy and Oscar and Tony award winning entertainer. He is a singer, songwriter, producer, actor, reality television star, activist and father. He was crowned this year's title.

Do you believe PEOPLE Magazine add more people of color as their "Most Sexiest Person Alive" covers? (Expect trolls to offer the most dumbest answers and response. This is an unscientific poll. We expect trolls here).

Yes. I believe this is a step in the right direction. PEOPLE Magazine for far too long picked white entertainers as their definition of "Most Sexiest." We are seeing progress in small way but hopeful that more people of color grace the tabloid cover.
No. I believe PEOPLE caved to pressure. They have a right to pick whoever they want as their choice for "Most Sexiest Man Alive." Folks are too politically correct. It shouldn't matter who is on the cover. PEOPLE wants to give the title to someone they believe deserves it.
Other
Please Specify:

PEOPLE nominated him saying he's one of the nicest guys to know.

"I was excited, but I was a little scared at the same time because it's a lot of pressure," the entertainer tells PEOPLE in this week's cover story. "Everyone's going to be picking me apart to see if I'm sexy enough to hold this title. I'm [also] following Idris Elba, which is not fair and is not nice to me!"

Legend is PEOPLE's 34th Sexiest Man Alive, joining a long list of Hollywood's hottest, starting with a then-29-year-old Mel Gibson in 1985.
Idris Elba, John Legend and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson were named the PEOPLE Magazine's Most Sexiest Man Alive. They along with Denzel Washington were the only people of color who graced the cover.
With a buttery voice and unparalleled musical skills, the star — who entered the University of Pennsylvania at just 16 years old — says his mother, Phyllis, a seamstress, was his first and biggest fan.

"Whenever we had opportunities to sing in church or in school, my mom would suggest that I do it," he says. "She always encouraged me."

He also acknowledged his best role ever. Being a father and loving husband.

He has been married to Chrissy Teigen since 2013 and has two children.

His daughter Luna, 4 and son Miles, 18 months.

“I’m so proud that I have a wife and two kids I’m so in love with and so connected to. I’m also so proud of my career,” he says. “I love writing songs and performing on stage. I get a lot of joy from it and give a lot of joy to other people. I’m pretty at ease with myself now!”

The 40-year old singer was busy this year.

Congratulations to John Legend. You deserve the title. Believe me, it was long overdue.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails