Thursday, July 09, 2020

Shoot For The Stars, Aim For The Moon!

The posthumous album from Pop Smoke.
Three things to cover in this. I am going to do a thread in regards to Pop Smoke, the up-in-coming entertainer who was tragically shot and killed in Los Angeles while producing his debut album.

The title of his posthumous album Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon is expected to be in the top-200 of Billboard. We'll get the detail of that in a moment.

1. We will address the album.

2. We will talk about the feud between Young Thug, Drake and Pusha T.

3. The terrorists responsible for the shooting are nabbed.

With the entertainment industry in shambles, it's almost impossible for anyone in the industry to get something out. Hollywood, Broadway and the music industry are taking a huge hit.

Filming in places like American and Canadian cities are completed shut down. Places known for filming American television are taking the biggest hit. New York City, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chicago, Toronto and Vancouver are places where most of your favorite scripted shows are filmed.

American and Canadian television are likely to not regain footing this year. So you're expecting silent cancellations and terminations.
50 Cent is the executive producer of Pop Smoke's debut album.
Hip-hop music one of the most profitable genres in the entertainment industry. A Brooklyn-based rapper who had little recognition is now a martyr to music.

Pop Smoke (born Bashar Barakah Jackson) was a rapper, songwriter and singer. He was signed to Republic Records and released two mixtapes and one album.

His album Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon was released on July 3. It was executive produced by 50 Cent, Steven Victor, Rico Beats and posthumously by Pop Smoke.

Album production includes: 808Melo (of 808Mafia), WondaGurl, Jenius, 5ive BEatz, Deleyto, Tyy Beats, Dez Wright, CashMoneyAp, Mike Dean, Jess Jackson, Wylo, Palaze, Daniel Moras, MobzBeatz, Mora Beats, Swirv, Hakz Beats, SephGotTheWaves, Pitt Tha Kid, Yung Swisher, Buddah Bless, Seth Da Chef, Yamaica, DJ Drewski, JW Lucas, 1801 Records, Rxcksta, DJ Mustard, Bongo ByTheWay, Luci G, Beat Menace, Bizzy Banko, Kdi, Tash, SpunkBigga, Young Devante, Nagra and Hackney.
Quavo appears the most on Pop Smoke's posthumous album.
The features include Quavo, Lil Baby, DaBaby, Swae Lee, Future, Rowdy Rebel, Roddy Ricch, Tyga, Karol G, Lil Tjay, King Combs and 50 Cent.

Listen to the album here.



The track that was not included was the controversial single Paranoia. The single featured Gunna, Young Thug and Pusha T.

The controversy between Pusha T and Young Thug stemmed from Pusha T's verse going at longtime rival Drake.


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by SEX!! (@thuggerthugger1) on


In the song, Desires, Drake said without mentioning Pusha T in the following lyrics.

Self-control has never been your thing
Don't think it'll help
If there's ring with a rock in it
Where I'm from they serve, the soda clean (clean, clean)
You come from a city
Where there's lean with the rocks in it
How the fuck you keep so many secrets?
How you goin' vegan but still beefin' with me again?
How the fuck you've seen so many beaches?
Tickets to them places don't come cheap, yeah
I see you back in Turks
Remember who took you there first and don't you forget it
Got you a whip then you got back on your shit
I had to tell Eric, "go get it"
I'm always movin' too fast, the feeling don't last
I feel like you take me for granted
Probably my fault for the way that I handled it

Pusha T had clapped back. In the single the rapper called out Drake for being a "vanity rapper" and said that the entertainer's crew trying to jump him in Canada failed. He said that just to piss him off, he should record a song with Tory Lanez, a Canadian rapper/singer/media mogul who lives in Mississauga who has a feud with Drake.

King Push said there's no apologies and the lyrics are meant.


Here's the lyrics of Paranoia.

[Intro: Pop Smoke]
Yeah, oh, yeah
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, yeah

[Chorus: Pop Smoke]
Paranoia, I'm havin' thoughts in my head
I'm at the party, in Cartier, yeah
Walk in the club with two straps
When I "Woo," "Woo" back
Don't ask who I am, shoot that in my Dior, ooh

[Verse 1: Young Thug]
I told her back off 'fore I'm 'bout to catch a body
Bitch, this puller ain't no fuckin' Miley Cyrus, Kawasaki (Ooh, skrrt)
She gon' ride it like a Harley, niggas hardly gettin' money right now
I told this bitch, "I can't keep up, most of my thoughts in the clouds" (Ah, ah, ah, yeah)
Paranoid, I know some niggas wanna see me gone
Just made twenty mil', I'm tryna fuckin' enjoy
'Fore you kick my door down and shoot, that's my lil' boy (Yeah)
Keep a tool, loose screws, baby (Loose screws)
When you "Woo," I'ma "Woo" back (Yeah, woo, woo)
Aim at his head (Why?), put half a mil' on a case and go to bed, slatt, slatt (Yeah), yeah, yeah

[Chorus: Pop Smoke, Young Thug & Both]
Paranoia (Slatt), I'm havin' thoughts in my head (Yeah)
I'm at the party in Cartier, yeah
Walk in the club with two straps
When I "Woo," "Woo" back
Don't ask who I am, shoot that (Yeah) in my Dior

[Verse 2: Gunna]
Mmm, I gotta be paranoid
Grippin' that FN, you know the streets at war
Leadin' to one thing, make sure you lock the door
They hate that I'm locked in, you gotta watch your door (Watch your door)
I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry (Sorry)
Cops pull me over 'cause I'm in a 'Rari (A 'Rari)
Got topped off from lil' mama ridin' shotty (Shotty)
Man, Woo gon' shake the room, might catch a body (Body)
Real niggas, we love to party, like everyday
I bought that bitch a Masi', we two look great
Baby boy in Taraji, I took some molly
Float like I'm Ali, tryna stay sane (Yeah)

[Chorus: Pop Smoke]
Paranoia, I'm havin' thoughts in my head
I'm at the party, in Cartier, yeah
Walk in the club with two straps
When I "Woo," "Woo" back
Don't ask who I am, shoot that in my Dior

[Verse 3: Pusha T]
You know reality bites, it's chess, not checkers
Those empty threats only sound good on your records
If the patois is not followed by a Blocka
It's like Marked for Death Screwface, without the choppa
Let 'em rush the stage when you made like Sinatra
Only to hide the blade flyin' back through LaGuardia
I might even buy a home out in Mississauga
On my walls, have scrawls of Tschabalala's
Many dolls, that're sprawled, they my Ill Nanas
Make a call, she gon' crawl, bad gyal Patra
I'm involved and absolved, I am Godfather, hush

[Verse 4: Pop Smoke]
I just did six days in London, paranoia
Shoot for the stars, aim for the moon
Thoughts in my head, know that I'm Woo
When you see me, you know that I'm Woo
When you see me, you know that I'm Woo

[Chorus: Pop Smoke]
I said paranoia, I got some thoughts in my head
I'm at the party, in Cartier, yeah
Walk in the club with two straps
When I "Woo," "Woo" back
Don't ask who I am, shoot that in my Dior

[Outro: Pop Smoke]
That's the paranoia, oh, the paranoia
I said I'm paranoid, paranoia

Young Thug considered the attack was disrespectful. He called out Pusha T for wasting his time dissing rappers instead of keeping it respectful in the wake of Pop Smoke's death. Thugger said he's not taking Drake or Pusha T's side in their feud. Thugger said that he could have done that shit on his own album.
Drama. Young Thug and Pusha T are feuding over lyrics King Push released aiming at longtime rival Drake. Thugger felt Push disrespected Pop Smoke by throwing shade at Drizzy.
"I don't respect the Pusha T verse on the song with me and Gunna [because] I don't have [nothing] to do with ya'll beef nor does Gunna, and if I knew that was about him I would've made changes on our behalf...the rapper shit so gay," said Young Thug.

King Push responded to the diss.

"Don't feel bad, NOBODY knew what the verse was [about]. The label heads that stopped it didn't even know. They ONLY ASSUME because HE TOLD them! The same way HE TOLD [about] the Rick Ross' Maybach 6 verse. And if HE'LL TELL record executives [about] rap verses, God only knows what else HE'LL TELL! I don't deal in police work, police rappers or police NIGGAS!"

Thugger clapped back at King Push.

"First of all your verse is 7 days...that muthafucka' weak. Second of all, you already went crazy the first time...it ain't nothing but a sucka [NIGGA move]/.. going on double takes, triple takes, and quadruple takes. You should've just got all of it out when you put the first song out."

"You didn't even have to do all that. You just felt like you wasn't gonna get enough views on your shit so you came and put some bullshit on a Nigga who's resting in peace's music. Trying to fuck up a Nigga a whole vibe. Why the fuck you ain't do that shit on your own song?"

So the feud between Drake and Pusha T goes back three years. It started with Pusha T releasing his album Daytona and it addressed the turmoils of Cash Money and Young Money Entertainment.

Drake, Nicki Minaj and Lil' Wayne have long complained about Bryan "Baby" Williams and the way he does business. Pusha T couldn't resist calling them out for that. He also called Drake a "phony" and said that he has people "ghostwriting" his music.

Drizzy responded back with Duppy which aimed at King Push's gangsta credibility, his fallout with Pharrell, and being a second string to Kanye West. He also accused King Push of having affairs on his girlfriend turned wife.

King Push responded with The Story of Adidon which called Drake out for having a tryst with an adult entertainer that ended up giving him his first child. He also called out Drizzy for being all sensitive about the feud.

Drake has stated that he has no interest in squashing this feud with Pusha T.

The folks involved in the home invasion that killed Pop Smoke were caught.

The Los Angeles Police Department have announced they have caught five terrorists. Three were men and two are juveniles. They are in the custody of U.S. Marshals.

"Early this morning search and arrest warrants were served on several locations in Los Angeles,," Officer Norma Eisenman said in an email. She added that the names of those who were arrested will be released after they are questioned and booked.

The law did not give details about what criminal charges these terrorists are facing.
Pop Smoke was killed in his prime. The 20-year old rapper was gunned down in Los Angeles after a botched robbery.
Pop Smoke died at the age of 20. He may have involuntarily gave his location to gang members who were looking to rob celebrities.

The charges could be considered first-degree murder, robbery, felonious assault, kidnapping and fleeing the scene of crime, failure to report a criminal act and probably firearm violations for some who were restricted from owning them. The murder charges in California are either given in this term: LIFE or DEATH. Automatically 50 years to LIFE without parole if you're a criminal who had ties to gangs or a repeat offender.

The suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

It never happens in your community.......! Until it does! Every community in the United States will eventually have a legacy. A legacy of tragedy. A mass shooting will affect your town, your family and your life. So I don't want to hear that bullshit about how "guns save lives." They don't. The only thing that survives a gun shooting is the gun.

FOR EVERY BAD COP, THERE WILL BE A DEAD COP!

I DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET OR THE COP'S VERSION.

GUN VIOLENCE IS THE NUMBER ONE THREAT IN THE UNITED STATES.

THERE IS NO GOD!

GOD IS NOT FIXING THIS!

We haven't forgotten about the many mass shootings in the United States. COVID-19 doesn't stop individuals from picking up firearms and killing others.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails