Thursday, July 09, 2020

Javicia Leslie Is The Batwoman!

Javicia Leslie is the new Batwoman.
American television it's pretty much on hiatus because of the coronavirus. Every scripted show, every entertainment venue and most sporting events are now suffering thanks to COVID-19.

Thanks to Donald J. Trump's handling of this pandemic, we're looking at over 150,000 Americans to die of the coronavirus. We also are going to see Hollywood bleed.

Good news, the recasting of Batwoman is confirmed and now we have a hero.

Javicia Leslie is going to be Batwoman. She previously appeared on the CBS comedy-drama God Friended Me.

She was casted to replace Ruby Rose for the second season of Batwoman. She is openly bisexual.

She is a person of color.




The 33-year old actress was born in Augsburg, Germany and move to the United States at an early age. She is a graduate of Hampton University.
Ruby Rose resigned from Batwoman in season one. She was excited that the show casted a person of color.
Warner Bros TV which owns The CW Network announced the casting pick on social media.

Australian actress Ruby Rose had left the show after season one. She cited injuries and typecasting would stall her career. She was also frustrated with the way the show went in the first season.

Rose thanked Greg Berlanti and the cast for giving her an opportunity to be an incredible hero.

"I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season. This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show in both Vancouver and in Los Angeles. I am beyond appreciative to Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Caroline Dries for not only giving me this incredible opportunity, but for welcoming me into the DC universe they have so beautifully created. Thank you Peter Roth and Mark Pedowitz and the teams at Warner Bros. and The CW who put so much into the show and always believed in me. Thank you to everyone who made season one a success - I am truly grateful."

Rose resides in Los Angeles and Melbourne, Australia.

Leslie will be casted a Ryan Wilder. She will be replacing Kate Kane (Rose's role) at the Batwoman.

The network need to find a woman who is identified as a LGBTQ and athletic.
Hartley Sawyer was fired from The Flash after his past tweets came back to haunt him.
The Flash had fired out the cannon Hartley Sawyer. Last month, the actor was fired after a series off offensive tweets emerged from his old social media accounts.

"Hartley Sawyer will not be returning for season seven of The Flash. In regards to Mr. Sawyer's posts on social media, we do not tolerate derogatory remarks that target any race, ethnicity, national origin, gender or sexual orientation. Such remarks are antithetical to our values and polices, which strive and evolve to promote a safe, inclusive and productive environment for our workforce."

Sawyer apologized to the cast and fans of the show.


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Hartley Sawyer (@hartleysawyer) on


View this post on Instagram

My words, irrelevant of being meant with an intent of humor, were hurtful, and unacceptable. I am ashamed I was capable of these really horrible attempts to get attention at that time. I regret them deeply. This was not acceptable behavior. These were words I threw out at the time with no thought or recognition of the harm my words could do, and now have done today. I am incredibly sorry, ashamed and disappointed in myself for my ignorance back then. I want to be very clear: this is not reflective of what I think or who I am now. Years ago, thanks to friends and experiences who helped me to open my eyes, I began my journey into becoming a more responsible adult - in terms of what I say, what I do, and beyond. I've largely kept that journey private, and this is another way that I have let so many down. I still have more work to do. But how I define myself now does not take away the impact of my words, or my responsibility for them. I am very sorry.
A post shared by Hartley Sawyer (@hartleysawyer) on


Skai Jackson, an entertainer and activist tweets a series of screen grabs of Sawyer's past.



Sawyer played Ralph Dibny, a Central City Detective who also goes by the name of the Elongated Man. He played the role for four years now on the show.

The Flash is slated to return in 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, taping is delayed and many of the shows on most networks are on hiatus or silently cancelled.

Supergirl will return to the television in mid-2021. Melissa Benoist is pregnant with her first child and the showrunners want her to at least enjoy motherhood before she returns back as Supergirl.

The CW has greenlighted most of its shows. Many of the DC Universe shows are returning.

The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow/Constantine, Black Lightning, Batwoman and DC's Stargirl will return in 2021.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails