Saturday, June 27, 2020

Facebook Face Pressure To End Hate Speech!

The world's biggest social media platform is forced to change.
I have said it in previous postings and I stand by what I've said....."Facebook is on the decline."

I don't care about people's personal lives, baby pictures, relationships, political views and travel pictures. I used to but no longer. I don't care if people aren't my friends on social media anymore.

I don't care if anyone blocks me, mutes me, never view videos and photos.

I could care less.

I've grown accustomed to not worrying about others. If I start worrying about people on social media, I would go insane. It's not the end of the world. We all could die from the coronavirus. We all have faced some form of interruption in our lives.

Trust me, Donald J. Trump has pretty much left America out in the cold.

With over 150,000 Americans dead from the coronavirus, it's likely Trump's mishandling of the coronavirus has pretty much destroy Hollywood, Broadway, Silicon Valley, sports, leisure and travel.

Facebook is facing an advertising boycott. It's due to the face the social media giant continues to allow racism, false information and Trump's bullshit to reign online.

Facebook has been a breeding ground for racism, exploitation and misrepresentation.

Trump and conservative agitators have posted misinformation on social media often.
Mark Zuckerberg now faces pressure to change Facebook or face backlash.
Mark Zuckerberg, the controversial CEO of the social media giant has been secretly chatting with conservative agitators. They have been complaining about how they're being "silenced" by the left.

Zuckerberg struck a deal with them and allowed white nationalists websites The Daily Caller and Breitbart have a platform on the social media "fact-checkers."

Now because of these actions, many companies are pulling ads from the social media platform.

Unilever Plc
Coca-Cola Co.
Honda Motor Co.
Hershey Co.
Diageo Plc
PepsiCo
Verizon Communications Inc.
Levi Strauss & Co.
Diamond Foundry Inc.
Patagonia Inc.
Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Inc.
Viber
The North Face
REI
Upwork Inc.
Eileen Fisher Inc.

The #StopHateforProfit campaign – launched June 17 by civil rights groups including the NAACP, Color of Change and the Anti-Defamation League – comes as corporate America grapples with racial inequality following the death of George Floyd in police custody.

This boycott hit Facebook hard. So far the company lost over $7 billion in revenue thanks to the protests against the company's policies.

Facebook's planned steps include pushing back against voter suppression, boosting standards for hateful content in ads and labeling content deemed newsworthy.

"I'm optimistic that we can make progress on public health and racial justice while maintaining our democratic traditions around free expression and voting," Zuckerberg said. "I'm committed to making sure Facebook is a force for good on this journey."



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails