Monday, March 28, 2022

Will Rocks An Apology!

Will knows the Oscars ain't going to let this one go.

It was a memorable moment in U.S. history. A major actor storms the stage and lays a straight up back hand on a presenter at a major awards show.

Will Smith has broken the internet. If weren't aware of it, you will be. I mean it will die down in a few days or so, but the internet is burning up on whether Smith may have damaged his career. I give him mad props for standing up for wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, but the storming the stage and slapping Chris Rock was an unfortunate and really disgraceful act. 

Jokes push the bar. Rock is a comedian who pushes the bar. You were expected to be roasted by entertainers at these events.

You know this is never going to happen again right!

Folks are saying why didn't Will put his hands on singer August Alsina. He literally slept with Jada for three years.

People think that Rock had it coming. Some believe joking about Black women always seems like it degrades their status in the world. I mean folks are divided over the whole controversy.

After apologizing to the Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences for the incident, he tearfully dedicated his award to his family, Richard Williams, his daughters Venus and Serena, the people who made King Richard and of the viewers who saw that.

He went on to dance the night away knowing that the controversial slap will all but certain doom his career.

Will Smith apologizes to Chris Rock on social media.

Now I don't know how he can recover. But his apology to Rock is a small start.

"Violence in all of its forms is poisonous and destructive. My behavior at last night’s Academy Awards was unacceptable and inexcusable. Jokes at my expense are a part of the job, but a joke about Jada’s medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally.

I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness.

I would also like to apologize to the Academy, the producers of the show, all the attendees and everyone watching around the world. I would like to apologize to the Williams Family and my King Richard Family. I deeply regret that my behavior has stained what has been an otherwise gorgeous journey for all of us."

Now we go back to the infamous Kanye West interruption of Taylor Swift when the pop star accepted her MTV Award.  Out of safety for Trevor Noah, Pete Davidson and Kim Kardashian, the Grammys barred him from performing and causing outbursts. They made the right move. It will keep Ye from storming the stage to make an ass of himself.

The Academy Awards have condemned the incident and confirm there will be consequences for this incident.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails