Monday, February 22, 2021

Brooke Baldwin Out At CNN!

CNN host Brooke Baldwin steps down in April.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

PROTECT BLACK WOMEN! 

WEAR A DAMN MASK! SAVE A LIFE!

HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE NOW!

GOOGLE'S BLOGGER IS TRASH!

Longtime CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin announces she will leave the network in April.

The shakeups are happening in cable news. CNN is slowly coming back to the top. Now that former president Donald J. Trump is out of office, we can return back to normal. I mean we'll still have the hyper-partisan agitators constantly dragging President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris down, but it won't be as bad as it was when Trump and former vice president Mike Pence were in charge.

The junk food media is freedom of the press. They have a duty to hold the powerful accountable. They have a duty to share their opinions on controversial issues or decisions made by the powerful. They also have a duty to make sure that you're entertained with information (real or fake).

Fox News has been considered a propaganda outlet for Trump. Since the Arizona call, Fox News has faced a backlash from not only Trump but his devoted base of extremists. They started tuning Fox out despite the ramblings of their No. 1 stars Tucker Carlson and Sean "Screwball" Hannity.

CNN has been playing catch up for years. Often ridiculed by Fox News as the liberal left, CNN has steadily been playing its cards right when it comes to getting facts right.

After four years and a handful of stumbles by their former talents, the network decides to push out Jeff Zucker and those who kept the network down in ratings.

They also want to be woke by hiring people of color to positions and hosting duties.

Brooke Baldwin has been with CNN since 2008. She said that she will focus on "amplifying the lives of extraordinary Americans and putting my passion for storytelling to good use."

"Before we get going, I want to start with some personal news," Baldwin said in her program. "I will be leaving CNN in April."

She added: "Let me back up. After most of my 20s working my way up in local news, I cam to this network in 2008 - in the midst of the Great Recession as a freelancer. I remember I scribbled my name on a Post-It not and stuck it outside of this temporary office, determined to fulfilling my dream of becoming a full-time CNN correspondent."

She thanked Zucker and the "very large CNN family." 

"I don't have a job I'm jumping right into, and yest, I'm feeling very vulnerable."

She continued: "For a decade I've never taken for granted the enormous responsibility and privilege I've had to work with some of the most talented producers and photojournalists and correspondents and anchors out there as we have covered our era's most urgent and important stories, conflicts, terrorism, environmental and natural disasters, the wrath of gun violence, royal weddings, my American woman series, the social justice movement that defines our culture and a pandemic that changed the world."

"I wanted to be part of the best of the best in cable news and journalism, and, as a native Atlantan, this would be my hometown dream. Little did I know, I would not only go one to fulfill that dream, I would flourish in this environment and land my own two-hour show in the afternoon at the age of 31."

When she announced her departure, CNN has finalized its scheduling lineup going in.

Laura Jarrett and Christine Romans will continue to host Early Start at 6am.

John Berman and Brianna Kellar will host New Day from 7am-9am.

Poppy Harlow and Jim Sciutto will host CNN Newsroom from 9am-11am.

Kate Bolduan will host At this Hour from 11am-12pm.

John King will continue to host Inside Politics from 12pm-1pm.

Ana Cabrera will host CNN Newsroom from 1pm-2pm.

Alisyn Camerota and Victor Blackwell will host CNN Newsroom from 2pm-4pm. They are in line of getting programs.

Boris Sanchez and Christi Paul will host Weekend New Day on Saturday and Sundays.

Fredricka Whitfield will continue to host CNN Newsroom from 11pm-3pm on Saturdays and Sundays.

Jim Acosta will host CNN Newsroom from 3pm-6pm on Saturdays and Sundays.

Pamela Brown will host CNN Newsroom from 6pm-9pm on Saturdays and Sundays.

Baldwin concluded in her statements:

“You have been with me every step of the way – never more so than when I was incredibly sick with Covid last year. I am so grateful for your loyalty and passion for the world we cover. I am so grateful to my show team – you know who you are. You know who you are. To Jeff Zucker, to my very large CNN family and to you. To you.

“The next chapter of my life will be focused on what I love most about my work: amplifying the lives of extraordinary Americans and putting my passion for storytelling to good use. For the last two years, I’ve been working on my first book; it’s called Huddle: How Women Unlock Their Collective Power, and, you know, there’s just more I need to do – more I need to do outside of this place, outside of the walls of this place, a place I have been privileged to call home now for 13 years.

“And, yep, we still in a pandemic, and nope, I don’t have a job I’m jumping right into, and yes – yes, I’m feeling very vulnerable. But what is it Brene Brown says? ‘Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change,’ and I am so excited about what is to come. So, here it goes: I really do hope you’ll join me, and in the meantime, I’ll be right here with you, right her until mid-April. Now, to the news.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails