Thursday, June 20, 2019

St. Louis Prosecutor: Don't You Bring That -Ish To My Office!


Kim Gardner, the St. Louis prosecutor for the city is not playing any games when it comes to corruption within her department. She already sent a warning to the St. Louis Police Department.

Don't bring that shit to my office!

There's 59 names of St. Louis cops who have actively shared on social media anti-Black, anti-Muslim and politically bias bullshit.

The Plain View Project exposed the names of the cops who have actively posted racially offensive nonsense on their social media. These are the cops who may have stopped, detained, arrested or killed while in uniform.

They have probably pulled over people of color from the city, the county, the state or out of state.

Say if I was driving in St. Louis with Ohio tags and I was in a neighborhood that cops suspect it as crime-ridden. They pull up behind me and I drive a few blocks. As I pass the stop sign (or light), they activate their lights and I had to proceed to stop. They both come to the window and demand my license and registration. I ask why I was stopped in the first place. They may tell me or they'll keep bullshitting an excuse to why I shouldn't talk while they're inspecting my vehicle. I tell them I don't consent to a search and they conduct a Q-and-A session to why I am in the neighborhood and they make the claim that it's known for drugs, prostitution and gun violence. I tell them it has nothing to do with me and I say "am I free to go?" when they pressure me to relent. They bring a third police unit and search dog and then tell me that I'm detained. I tell them yet again I don't consent to searching my vehicle. They place me in handcuffs and place me in the back of the cruiser. The dog makes a "hit" and the police tell me that they've found drugs in the vehicle. Even though I said I don't do drugs and I don't have nothing inside, they'll bullshit an excuse to arrest me or issue a citation. They would normally say failure to yield, turn signal or improper lane change as their reasons to an unlawful pull over.

These things happened in St. Louis.

These cops were likely white. I am a Black male and I am angry or scared they could shoot me.

That's what residents in the city are facing.

Gardner said that officers are permanently banned from presenting cases for warrants. Others will be reviewed to consider conditions of reinstatement.

The Plain View Project studied thousands of Facebook post from St. Louis and seven other jurisdictions as a part of a project that began in 2017.

This month, the group found that 43 of 3,500 accounts noted by the group were tied to metro St. Louis, with 22 of those involving current officers and 21 belonging to former officers.

Some had support of cops roughing up suspects. Some had Confederate Flags. Some were calling Black History Month racist.

This is an example of American law enforcement using their privilege to abuse the rights of people of color.

BAD COPS WILL GET GOOD COPS KILLED

GUN VIOLENCE IS THE NUMBER ONE THREAT IN THE UNITED STATES.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails