Sunday, October 04, 2026

YG Rhyming A Traumatic Event!

Bravery comes in all forms.

Last year the Compton based rapper YG reveals disturbing stuff through a rap song.

Take discretion in the post. Will contain reference to sexual assault, statutory rape, mental health and sex addition.

The National Council on Problem Gambling operates the National Problem Gambling Helpline Network (1-800-522-4700). The network is a single national access point to local resources for those seeking help for a gambling problem. 

Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (Lifeline) at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 988, or text the Crisis Text Line (text HELLO to 741741). Both services are free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The deaf and hard of hearing can contact the Lifeline via TTY at 1-800-799-4889. All calls are confidential. Contact social media outlets directly if you are concerned about a friend’s social media updates or dial 911 in an emergency. Learn more on the Lifeline’s website or the Crisis Text Line’s website.

You can get help if you, a loved one or friend is dealing with drug abuse.

SAMHSA’s National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)

SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.

If you or a loved one are a victim of domestic violence, you can call a 24-hour crisis hotline at 1-800-300-1080 or visit www.corasupport.org. 

The National Domestic Violence Hotline is 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or text START 87888.

The Network/La Red’s 24-hour hotline, 1-800-832-1901 provides confidential emotional support, information, referrals, safety planning, and crisis intervention for lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer and/or transgender (LGBTQ+) folks, as well as folks in kink and polyamorous communities who are being abused or have been abused by a partner.

If you have a problem with alcohol? There is a solution. Alcoholics Anonymous has a simple program that works. It’s based on one alcoholic helping another.

The A.A. National Hotline: 1-866-850-6515

Confidential. Helpful. No pressure.

Sex Addicts Anonymous National Hotline: 1-800-477-8191

If someone’s porn addiction Sex Addicts Anonymous (1-800-477-8191) occurs with a drug or alcohol problem, inpatient rehab may be a viable option to help them tackle both issues at once. However, when the only problem is porn addiction, it may feel challenging to find professional help. Counseling can also help treat a porn addiction, with a licensed sex therapist helping individual’s get to the root of their issues and discover proper coping mechanisms for stress and loneliness. The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists has an online tool to help people find sex therapists in their area. Several hotlines may be able to provide resources for those in need.

RAINN’s mission is to stop sexual violence by supporting survivors, holding perpetrators accountable, and creating safer communities.

RAINN provides free, confidential support, services, and information to survivors of sexual violence, available 24/7 by phone, chat, or text.

Trauma is a normal response to sexual violence, and RAINN is here to help survivors heal at their own pace. Explore steps you can take to start your healing journey.

Contact RAINN 24/7. Call 1-800-656-HOPE.  Text HOPE to 64673. Telephone hotline: 1-877-995-5247. Call 1-800-799-SAFE.

Keenon Dequan Ray Jackson was born on March 9, 1990, is a rapper, producer, media personality and activist. 

He grew up in Paramount, California going to Paramount High and Mayfair High in Bellflower, California but represents the 400 block of West Spruce Street in Compton, California. The 400 block name would inspire his "4hunnid" tag, along with the names of his record label and streetwear brands.

Last year, he had a single that addressed him being sexually assaulted at age 14 by a woman who was twice his age.

In the track, YG opens up about being sexually abused at 14 years old by a 30-year-old woman (who was an older relative/aunt of his then-girlfriend).

YG shared in subsequent interviews (including an ABC News exclusive) that he kept the trauma inside for decades. He noted that his own family learned about the experience for the very first time when the record dropped.

The song, 2004 featuring Buddy, YG details as a teenager, he and his peers initially internalized and normalized the encounter as "doing something with an older woman". Only as he matured did he realize that the dynamic was predatory and constituted statutory rape.

The track—featured on his album The Gentleman's Club—was written to address men's mental health and combat the cultural stigmas surrounding male victims of sexual trauma. YG noted that after playing the song privately for other men in his circle, roughly 90% shared that they had survived similar, unaddressed experiences during their youth.


[Verse 1: YG]
When I was young, I got raped by a bitch twice my age
Picked me up from school, took me to hers and got laid
Ever since that day, I never looked at shit the same
Fucked up in the brain, pussy what I blame
Fried so you know why I like chicken wings
My life is insane like I'm from Baby Gang
How I'm 'posed to change with all this fucked up shit I seen?
Fucked up, yeah, I know
Fucked up and some more
I'm so used to fucked up, I get fucked up at the show
Fucked up, yeah, I know
How fucked up could it go?
Nipsey left me like how Biggie left Hov, woah
And Slim got his life stole
Tellin' myself I'll be alright though
Shit really fuckin' with my psycho
My lil' bitch lost her life gettin' lipo'

[Chorus: Buddy]
They tell me, "Don't worry," they ask me if I'm okay
Motherfuckers don't deserve me, not even on my worst day
This life shit crazy, grew up at a young age
Oh, babe, why you had to hurt me?

[Verse 2: YG]
Okay, now, back when I was a juvie and shit
Got used for the dick, I ain't even know what to do with the bitch
Confused a bit
Her niece, I went to school with the bitch
My screws loose, who got the tools to fix?
So I went to the homies and we talked about it
They thought exotic
That was they only thoughts about it
Dick hard 'cause her clothes, she stripped all up out it
Hypnotized from them hips and thighs, all hypnotic
Yeah, that's when I bust my first nut
Young nigga with his dick all in a grown up
With the shits in real quick, how I growed up
Got took advantage of and I liked it, so what?
Y'all call that sex abuse shit
I just thought she was doin' some cool shit
If I would've told mama 'bout the new shit
The bitch probably would've been up on the news clip

Chorus: Buddy]
They tell me, "Don't worry," they ask me if I'm okay
Motherfuckers don't deserve me, not even on my worst day
This life shit crazy, grew up at a young age
Oh, babe, why you had to hurt me?

[Verse 3: YG]
So just think before the next time you start asking
Why is you like that? Why is you savage?
Why every ho you fuck with, it's never long-lasting?
No access to my heart, I give no passage
A bitch took advantage of me, I ain't got no trust
The bitch took advantage of me, I ain't give no fucks
At fourteen years old, I got my dick sucked
At fourteen years old, I got my dick fucked
The ho was thirty years old and I never told
Was dating her niece when this happened, it was wearin' on my soul
I ain't wanna spill the tea, so I just let her go
'Cause me and the auntie kept fuckin' for sure
And, oh, one day, I felt like this was too much
I knew this wasn't regular as I grew up
She told me eat her ass, after that, I threw up
Ooh, can't believe I had my face in her butt

[Chorus: Buddy]
They tell me, "Don't worry" (Worry), they ask me if I'm okay (Okay)
Motherfuckers don't deserve me (Deserve me), not even on my worst day (Worst day)
This life shit crazy (Crazy), grew up at a young age (Grew up at a young, young age)
Oh, babe (Oh, babe), why you had to hurt me? (Oh)

[Outro: The Gang & Buddy]
You don't deserve me
You tried to hurt me
You don't deserve me
You don't, no, baby, you don't, no
You don't deserve me (No)
You tried to hurt me (No)
Oh, babe

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails