Tuesday, January 19, 2021

James Lankford Realized He Was A Racist!

Sen. James Lankford (R-OK) apologizes to his Black constituents.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

PROTECT BLACK WOMEN! 

WEAR A DAMN MASK! SAVE A LIFE!

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

GOOGLE'S BLOGGER IS TRASH!

Oklahoma senator James Lankford realizes he's a racist. He and many Republican senators who did not support democracy are an embarrassment to our country.

Lankford, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO), Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI), Sen. Cindy Hyde Smith (R-MS), Sen. Cynthia Lummis (R-WY), Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT), Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL), Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) and Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) are disgraceful lawmakers and white extremists.

They need to be drummed out of the Senate. But alas, Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is too much of a worthless punk to do something about it. 

In a letter addressed to “My friends in North Tulsa,” Lankford acknowledges that his actions “caused a firestorm of suspicion among many of my friends, particularly in Black communities around the state. I was completely blindsided, but I also found a blind spot.”

Arguably, Lankford has been more involved with Black Tulsans, and particularly the historic Greenwood District, than any statewide Republican officeholder in decades.

His decision to raise issues about the presidential election in several key states — most of them with large African American populations — hurt and angered many Tulsans, however, with some leaders saying he should resign or be removed from the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial Commission.

In his letter, though, Lankford asks for another chance.

“What I did not realize was all of the national conversation about states like Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, was seen as casting doubt on the validity of votes coming out of predominantly Black communities like Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Detroit,” he wrote.

“After decades of fighting for voting rights, many Black friends in Oklahoma saw this as a direct attack on their right to vote, for their vote to matter, and even a belief that their votes made an election in our country illegitimate.

“I can assure you,” he said, “my intent to give a voice to Oklahomans who had questions was never also an intent to diminish the voice of any Black American.

“I should have recognized how what I said and what I did could be interpreted by many of you,” he said. “I deeply regret my blindness to that perception, and for that I am sorry.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails