Thursday, December 19, 2019

Camila Cabello Saw The Digital Dash!

Pop singer admits she posted racist shit. Apologizes.
Pop singer caught the digital dash.

The Cuban-American entertainer Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao (known by the middle name Camila Cabello) is facing a backlash from her fans. She had some harsh criticism of Black folks. She said NIGGER on the social media.

Before she became a major Latin pop star, she was a nobody who trolled social media.

The singer was like most trolls looking for a place on social media. However, her past came back to bite her in the ass. The post on Tumblr include racist images and language posted by Cabello in 2012.

They were uncovered by a Twitter user who shared the link to the singer's old Tumblr page.

Under her alias, "vos-etess-belle," the entertainer shared gifs that perpetuate Black and Asian stereotypes. In other postings and memes there was NIGGER shared.

The thread was retweeted 20,000 times. Her representatives managed to get Tumblr to shut down the blog and soon the entertainer issued an apology on Wednesday.


"I'm 22 now, I'm an adult and I've grown and learned and am conscious and aware of the history and the pain [this] carries in a way I wasn't before. Those mistakes don't represent the person I am or the a person I've ever been. I only stand and have ever stood for love and inclusivity, and my heart has never, ever then, had an ounce of hate or divisiveness. The truth is I was embarrassingly ignorant and unaware. I used my platform to speak out about injustice and inequality and I'll continue to doing that. I can't say enough how deeply sorry and ashamed I feel, and I apologize again from the bottom of my heart."
Pop couple were caught posting racist shit. Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello admit they were "dumb" but not racist.
Her boyfriend, Canadian pop singer Shawn Mendes apologize for what he called "racially insensitive" tweets. He had posted racially offensive shit on his social media when he was a nobody as well.

"I apologize wholeheartedly for what was said & understood how offensive those posts were. There is no place for comments like that, and those words do not represent who I am. I stand completely for inclusivity, equality & love."

I believe them. I know they're sorry. However, they stand for the money. Cause this could damage their brand. It could hurt their album sales, concert sales and keep them off the late night shows.

Anyway Cabello is best known for her duet with Mendez ("Señorita") and the breakthrough single "Havana" with Atlanta based rapper Young Thug.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails