Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The Breakfast Club Is Over!

Angela Yee is leaving The Breakfast Club.

Media personality Angela Yee went to social media to declare The Breakfast Club is over.

It shook Twitter. The radio program operating out of Power 105.1 FM studios in New York City. It is heard in 120 markets across the U.S. 

It turns out that she was referring to a new move.

Yee confirms that she is leaving the longtime radio show. She will host a show in the near future.

"This is really exciting," she told her co-hosts Charlamagne tha Rapist and DJ Envy on Wednesday. "This is something that I've been waiting to do for years now, way before the pandemic. I had actually sat down with our big boss ... and I was telling her, like, 'Look, I really wanna have my own show.' You know, I have my podcast 'Lip Service' and I was thinking I would be able to get something like a weekend situation."

Yee said her new show with iHeart would be a national daily program, adding that she'd remain with "The Breakfast Club" for another month while details are finalized.

It appears that the feud has taken its toll. Yee has a feud with Charlamagne the Rapist.

Years ago, Gucci Mane literally threatened Yee on the show and Charlamagne was egging him on. That incident was one of the most infamous of the show. 

"The breakfast club as you know it is officially over," Yee tweeted.

The popular drive-time morning show debuted in 2010, and has since been nominated for numerous awards, even being inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 2020.

Charlamagne and DJ Envy will continue on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails