Friday, August 19, 2022

Tevin Campbell Crosses The Rainbow 🌈!

Tevin Campbell comes out.

Legendary R&B singer confirms he is gay. The 1990s R&B/pop singer Tevin Campbell officially comes out as a gay man.

It was an open secret. He literally had been on the radar for years after his infamous police arrest inside a Los Angeles men's restroom.

Girls used to listen to his hits, "Tell Me What You Want To Do," "Can We Talk," "I'm Ready" and "Hush." Trust me, my sister and my cousin were huge fans of the R&B singer.

Campbell had opened up about his sexuality. 

“What makes me happiest right now is how far I’ve come in life,” he said on the podcast. “You know, there are a lot of child stars that don’t make it. But a lot of us do …  and the fact that I’ve embraced me.”

He admitted he was gay back in the 1990s but chose to keep it close to his family and a few friends.

“When I came out to my family and friends [at] about 19 or 20, that was it for me. And then I went on the road of discovering myself. I didn't know who I was,” Campbell shares.

"Being around people who were like me, LGBTQ+ people that were living normal lives and had partners. I had never seen that," he says. "That was a great time in my life."

I'm ready.

There has been years of speculation about how Campbell chooses to identify and although he has chosen to keep his private life tight-lipped he posted a now-deleted tweet on Twitter to make things a bit more clear.

“Tevin is…,” he tweeted with a rainbow emoji, OUT previously reported.

“It was a casual thing for me,” Campbell says responding to the chatter that came after his post that he was officially coming out. “I love my fans, but what they think about my sexuality is of no importance to me.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails