Monday, June 06, 2022

Tempe, Arizona Cops Iced After They Allowed A Man To Drown!

Tempe, Arizona police let a man drown.

In our latest "What Happened To" series, the Tempe, Arizona police responded to a domestic disturbance involving 34-year old Sean Bickings. He was accused of an altercation involving his wife. The police confronts him near a bridge at Town Lake.

The man was clearly having a mental breakdown when he climbed over the railing and landed on the edge of the bridge.

Bickings would soon enter the lake and swim. Somehow he loses his footing and is caught between the current and was struggling to regain his control.

The man would soon be screaming for help.

In the body camera footage obtained, the cops were saying they aren't going in to rescue him.

But they instead provided a transcript in which Bickings desperately appealed for help from the officers.

The law clearly did not help a man who suffered from a nervous breakdown.

He said: "I'm drowning."

One officer then replied: "Come back over to the pylon."

Bickings said: "I can't, I can't."

The other officer then said: "OK, I'm not jumping in after you."

He begged: "Please help me. Please, please, please. I can't touch. Oh God, Please help me. Help me."

Bickings' wife who was still on the scene also pleaded with officers to intervene, saying: "I'm just distraught because he's drowning right in front of you and you won't help."

Officials said in a statement: "The three Tempe police officers who responded to the call and witnessed the drowning have been placed on non-disciplinary paid administrative leave pending the investigations, as is customary in critical incidents."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails