Wednesday, June 01, 2022

D.L. Hughley: Mo'Nique Turns From The Queen Of Comedy To The Queen Of Ashes!

D.L. Hughley goes hard on Mo'Nique 

Words to live by.

"Arsonists set shit on fire and try to see the damage it left. But I blame myself. Saying 'yes' to you is an occupation hazard."

Listen to comedian D.L. Hughley and understand that he delivered some of the realist shit on Tuesday addressing fellow comedian Mo'Nique. After her viral roasting of D.L. and others, the comedian now found herself in the crosshairs of Black Twitter.

Do we support her cause to Black women or support the comedy?

"I made the quintessential mistake of saying yes to Mo'Nique."

On The D.L. Hughley Show, the comedian had to address all the allegations she made against him. She said that she was the headliner of the event and Hughley was infuriated by it. She said that she was obligated by contract to be the headliner not the opening act.

Hughley slams Mo'Nique and her husband, manager Sidney Hicks for making this whole stunt about him and not the management. Hughley said that he doesn't whine about the junk food media not giving him his dues as he is a "King of Comedy." He knows that money talks and the entertainer put out a handful of responses on social to prove his point.

Mo'Nique furthers the feud.

He said that he showed up to the Fox Theatre two minutes before she was expected to arrive. She arrived late in an effort to change the order of the show and make herself the headliner.

"The oldest trick in the world is, if I wanna change the order and I don't have merit, I'll try to make people wait so long that everybody gets there and goes 'please just go so we can avoid a conflict," Hughley said. 

He also slammed the comedian for insulating that he's on the downlow. Mo attacked his wife, his support therapy dog and the family in her act.

"She proceeds to eviscerate me," he said. "Not just me, but Steve Harvey, my wife, my dog later on in subsequent conservations. What did any of that have to do with the alleged contract dispute?"

"When you burn, destroy, and wreck ... you are not a queen of comedy, you are a queen of ashes. I'm going back to work, and you get back to your kingdom of smoke."

Rickey Smiley, Luenell and other comedians have reacted to the feud and some are saying that Mo went way too far.

I said I am getting tired of this stuff. Oh, did you hear that Amber Heard was told to pay Johnny Depp over $15 million for libel. I bet you have, because I didn't really follow it. But I did cover it at the end.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails