Saturday, April 06, 2024

Got Beef!

Only in Ohio.

Wanna know why gun violence is the No. 1 threat in the United States? Read this story. 

A man pulled a firearm on a fast food worker after he got upset over a discount to his breakfast meal. He went as far to call him a racial slur.

Willowick police are still searching for the disgruntled customer who pointed a gun at a Burger King employee on Easter morning.

19 News obtained the surveillance video on Monday.

The suspect can be seen in the video getting out of his car pulling out a gun and pointing it at the drive-through window. 19 News spoke exclusively with his target, 38-year-old Burger King employee, Howard Vernon.

“To know that somebody would do something like that just because I’m trying to give you a better deal and it flip out like that, it is scary,” Vernon said. “I was taking this guy’s order and he ordered two sausage egg and cheese croissants and a sausage biscuit and hashbrowns and the order came out to $8 and he was like my order can’t be right it should be like $11 and I’m like trying to explain to him that we had a promotion going on and like it’s cheaper and he started cussing and getting all loud and I was like I don’t know what to tell you I don’t know why you want to pay more money.”

Dude threatens my life over a food discount. 

Vernon said after that the customer sped off but a minute later he pulled back around to the drive-through as Vernon was helping another customer that’s when he pulled out the gun. Vernon said the man threatened to kill him and called him a racial slur.

“The whole time I was just like if you gonna do it do it, I’m not about to run,” Vernon said. “You don’t scare me or anything like that just do what you gotta do and he just kept blurting out racial slurs and it’s crazy cause there was an older woman like his gun was on top of this older woman’s car he could’ve gave her a heart attack like anything you know.”

The incident happened around 9 a.m. at the Willowick Burger King on Vine Street. The suspect was driving a gray Honda and was wearing a gray sweatshirt and a hat. Police said he took off on Vine Street and then turned down a side street. Authorities are still looking for him.

Some people can't have their way.

“At the end of the day, it was about some bread and sausage sandwiches at 9 o’clock in the morning on Easter and you’re that mad that you’d put a gun in somebody’s face? After I thought about it afterwards it was like kind of had me shook up a little bit like it’s crazy that people would just like what if he did shoot me and kill me you know I have 10 kids I would have been leaving all my kids like everything,” Vernon said.

Vernon has not been back to work at Burger King since the incident but said he plans to return.

If you recognize the man in the video, call Willowick detectives.

Can we do a Darwin Award for the most stupidest people on the planet?

You can't fix stupid!

You can't change minds!

You are completely trapped in stupid.

You are wrapped and emboldened in stupid.

The suspect is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails