Thursday, December 08, 2022

Thank You, Trevor!

The next chapter for comedian Trevor Noah.

The final episode of The Daily Show being hosted by longtime host Trevor Noah. The host announced he is retiring from hosting duties to focus on his comedy tour and directing.

"I'm grateful to you, every single one of you," said Noah. "I remember when we started the show, we couldn't get enough people to fill an audience."

For seven years, Trevor came into The Daily Show a humble and talented man. He took over when Jon Stewart retired in 2015 and managed to keep the satirical news program very successful.

In his final taping, Trevor thanked his fans, his writers and the talented correspondents for making the show successful.

"Every seat that has ever been filled to watch something that I'm doing, I always appreciate 'cause I know the empty seat that sits behind it, so thank you. Thank you to the people who watch, the people who share the clips, everyone who's had an opinion, everyone who's been kind enough and gracious enough."

"We still got the ratings."

Trevor thanked Black women especially for saving democracy.

"I've often been credited with having these grand ideas," Noah said. "Who do you think teaches me? Who do you think has shaped me, nourish me, informed me? My mom, my grand, my aunts, all these Black women in my life."

Congratulations Trevor Noah.

He continued on saying that he tells people if they want to learn about America, they should ask Black women because, "unlike everybody else, Black women cannot afford to fuck around and find out."

"Black people understand how hard it is when things go bad," Noah added. "When things go bad, Black people know that it gets worse for them. But Black women, in particular, they know what shit is."

To credit Black women for his achievements took a lot of courage. Given that the noise of the far-right and some of the far-left and hoteps are bitching about Brittney Griner being freed from the Russian Federation's penal colony. She gets to spend her holidays with her wife.

He said in his final closing....

"If you truly want to know what to do or how to do it, or maybe the best way or the most equitable way, talk to Black women. They are a lot of the reasons that I'm here."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails