Thursday, May 10, 2018

I'm Just Trying To Get To My Dorm!

They messed with the wrong woman. Lolade Siyonbola was detained for being in her own dorm. The white woman who called her called out the Yale Police face heat. 
If you're Black in America, you will expect this to happen to you as well. I have been racially profiled by law enforcement. I've dated white women who showed their true colors. I have a child from a white woman.

And yet, I still want to put that last ounce of trust in them. Believe me, it's hard.

I am proud to be a Black man. I'm happy that despite all the stuff happening in my personal life, I keep it moving. Nothing can deter me. I have no hatred towards race, gender, sexuality, religion, nationality, and economic standings.

I am showing bias towards conservatives and libertarians. They embrace racism, nationalism, hate crimes, anti-LGBT propaganda.

Black people are far more likely to be profiled even though those profiled have not committed a crime.

Being a Black woman is even worse. Thanks to the negative stereotypes being spread by propaganda in the junk food media, many see Black women in a highly negative light.

Michelle Obama suffered some of the worst forms of racism during her eight years as the First Lady of the United States.

Okay, if you want to go ghost on social media, rid yourself of everything.

This woman named Sarah Braasch went into hiding after she sparked a controversy over the week.





Yale graduate Lolade Siyonbola was sleeping in a common room at her dorm when this woman complained she was trespassing. They got into a verbal spat before she called the law on her.

Within minutes Lolade was confronted by the cops.

During a 30 minute escapade the cops believed she didn't live in the dorm.

She provided identification and even explained that the woman had called the law on her friend when he was lost on campus.
This is Sarah Braasch, the woman who went into hiding after she deliberately called the law on an innocent woman of color. She posted racist shit online.
There were complaints filed on Braasch. It was ignored. Now this latest incident will not be ignored.

People did snooping into Braasch's social media and found some troubling things. She wrote for The Humanist and posted this:

For the rest of my life, if I should ever get into any kind of a dispute or altercation with anyone who claims to be Muslim, I could conceivably be prosecuted for a hate crime. My vehement anti-religion, and especially anti-Islam, ramblings on facebook, my personal blog, the Freedom From Religion Foundation’s website, and Daylight Atheism could be used against me in a court of law.
Hate crimes legislation is stupid. Seriously stupid. Abominably stupid. I hate hate crimes legislation. But, I love hate speech. Hate crimes legislation has a chilling effect on free speech and freedom of association. This is why hate crimes legislation is in direct contravention of the First Amendment of the US Constitution. Under hate crimes legislation, anyone who has ever said anything, which might be deemed hateful, directed at one of the groups protected under the legislation, opens themselves up to hate crimes prosecution in perpetuity, if they should ever find themselves in a dispute or altercation with someone who claims membership in any of those aforementioned protected groups. I want the haters out in the open, in the disinfecting sunlight of free and open discourse in the public marketplace of ideas. When people feel like their voices aren’t being heard, that’s usually when violence erupts. Thus, the paradox of hate crimes legislation. Hate crimes legislation couches the criminal penalty for hate speech within a crime of violence. But, in my opinion, nothing moves one to violence so much as being denied the right to speak one’s mind.
Hate crimes legislation is thought crime legislation. Hate crimes legislation criminalizes the motive behind a crime. Criminalizing the motive is criminalizing the why. Criminalizing the motive is criminalizing thoughts. A hate crime is an additional penalty, above and beyond the penalty imposed for whatever crime of violence. It is an additional penalty to punish the perpetrator for his/her motive. It is an additional penalty to punish the perpetrator for his/her thoughts, for his/her reason for having acted violently. This is thought crime. Pure and simple.
When she discussed her views on slavery, she wrote this shit:

I was placed on the pro-slavery side of the argument. I remember spending many an hour in the local public library poring over Time Life books. (The late 1980s were still a pre-Internet age.) It was during this period that I developed an insatiable appetite for history and began to devour history books of all shapes and sizes, as fast as I could read them. I thought that I would be able to unlock the mystery of human civilization, to gain a complete understanding of the world around me, and to peer far into the future of humankind. As an almost inexorable result, this was also when I began to loosen the tethers and fetters of religion from my wrists.
I read about the trials and tribulations of both escaped and freed slaves. I read about the cruel world waiting to pounce mercilessly upon penniless, illiterate, and uneducated former slaves. About how former slaves were torn from the stability of family and community and the paternalism of the slave owner (including the legal protections afforded slaves). About how former slaves struggled to rebuild their lives in a world that didn’t want them.
And then I had a eureka moment. Some—not many, but some—of the slaves didn’t want to stop being slaves. A small number wanted to remain with their owners or return even after being freed.
Hey wake those coonservatives up!

Coondace Owens, Koonvin Jackson, Koonye West, Turd & Shit, pay attention. This could be you! This is why its important to know what conservatives think about you as a Black person.

This will not be the last time. Trust me there's more incidents like this.

It's not safe to drive as a Black man. It's not safe  for a Black man to own a firearm, knife, toy gun, wallet, keys, book, a ghetto-sounding name, a rapper, or a local elected official.

This Donald J. Trump's America.

Thank god, she is alive to share her story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails