Sunday, September 25, 2022

Cheney: I Can't Be A Republican If They Nominate Him!

My party is fucked if they elect Orange Jesus.

More Jan. 6 testimony hearings this week. We will cover it.

Rep. Karen Cheney (R-WY) may have lost her primary bid for another term but she is not going to go home quietly. She said that she will not support the Republican nominee for the Wyoming House seat. She also stated that she will find ways to keep the dingbat Karen Lake from winning the Arizona governor's race.

She said that she will no longer be a Republican if they nominate Washed Up 45 in 2024.

"I'm gonna make sure Donald Trump — I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure he's not the nominee," Cheney told Evan Smith, CEO of The Texas Tribune, during the hourlong interview.

"And if he is the nominee, I won't be a Republican," she added.

Cheney, a second-generation Republican leader, has historically voted conservatively, following the political legacy of her father, Dick Cheney, who served as vice president under Republican President George W. Bush. 

The vice chair of the Jan 6 committee has long made clear her separation from her party's support of Washed Up 45, despite largely supporting his policies. Newsweek reported Cheney voted with the former president 93% of the time while in office, but the two have publicly feuded over her refusal to endorse him personally. 

"Knowing what I know now, I would not have voted for Donald Trump," Cheney said during the interview.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails