Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Ashanti: I'm Blessed!

Ashanti getting her groove back.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

PROTECT BLACK WOMEN! 

STOP ASIAN HATE!

PROTECT AAPI WOMEN!

FREE PALESTINE🇵🇸!

WEAR A DAMN MASK! SAVE A LIFE! TRUST SCIENCE AND MEDICAL EXPERTS! THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC IS FUCKING REAL!

CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL!

GET VACCINATED! IF THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET THE VACCINES ARE AVAILABLE, GET IT WHILE IT'S STILL FREE! THE MEDICAL EXPERTS SAY THE VACCINES DO WORK AND IT REDUCES THE RISK OF CORONAVIRUS INFECTION. OVER 720,000 AMERICANS ARE DEAD FROM THE CORONAVIRUS.

HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE NOW! VOTE THESE DUMBASS LAWMAKERS OUT OF OFFICE! STOP SUPPORTING ALL FORMS OF EXTREMISM!

GIVE PUERTO RICO, GUAM, AMERICAN SAMOA, U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS AND NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS THE RIGHT TO VOTE IN THE U.S. PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS! GRANT STATEHOOD TO THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. MAKE IT THE DOUGLASS COMMONWEALTH.

GOOGLE'S BLOGGER IS STRAIGHT UP TRASH! THE BLOGGER INTERFACE IS A TOTAL DISASTER AND IT'S RIDICULOUS!

WHITE PRIVILEGE IS REAL! IT'S "SUIT AND TIE" WHITE SUPREMACY ON TELEVISION, RADIO, THE INTERNET AND AMERICAN POLICY!

WE'RE NOT THE ESTABLISHMENT! WE ARE THE VOTERS WHO SUPPORT CANDIDATES THAT AREN'T THE NOISE! REJECT EXTREMISTS ON THE LEFT AND ESPECIALLY ON THE RIGHT!

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

EXPECT MORE!

I am going back to my high school days with those damn crushes. 

Didn't you ever have a crush on an entertainer?

Someone is planning a huge comeback!

After her VERZUZ battle with fellow R&B singer, the entertainer shares her new projects and recovery from COVID-19

Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas (known professionally as Ashanti) is working on a comeback. She was being interviewed by Tamron Hall about her future plans. The American singer said that she is re-recording her debut album and re-releasing it. She said that she bought her masters.

The self-titled debut album went 3x platinum and was one of the biggest successes on Murder, Inc. Records and Def Jam Recordings.

"It's so surreal," the singer said. "I have an amazing legal team... The fact that I'll be able to rerecord my first album and put everything together and..." Then, Hall jumped in. "Wait, that's the big announcement! I was going to build up to that!... She's recording the album now as an independent artist!"

Ashanti spoke about those early days before her career as a New York City youth with big dreams. "I used to live in the basement of my house — I wanted to feel like I had my own apartment," she said. "So I used to be downstairs in my own section, and I would put on the Cartoon Network on mute and I would just write. And it sounds so crazy, but I would be...having cartoons on, playing the beat, and then just writing. It made me feel comfortable. It allowed me to kind of get into my zone."

While at the Murder, Inc studio, Ashanti remembers, "I would be the only female and there would be guys in there rolling dice and doing things that guys do and throwing money on the table and there was a lot of stuff in the air," she recalled. "And I would be in the corner … just writing in my pad."

Ashanti joined Fat Joe, Remy Ma and Ja Rule in a mini reunion on IGTV. The entertainers had talked about the VERZUZ battle. Ashanti even admitted that she held a long term relationship with St. Louis rapper/actor Nelly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails