Saturday, March 02, 2019

Katherine Helmond Passed Away!

Katherine Helmond passed away.
A true legend in entertainment.

She will be missed.

Katherine Helmond, who was best known for her roles as Mona Robinson on Who's The Boss? and Jessica Tate on the dramedy Soap has passed away after complications with Alzheimer's disease.

Helmond starred in the hit sitcom Who's The Boss? from 1984 until 1992 as well as roles in Coach, Everybody Loves Raymond, Overboard, Soap and Brazil. She also had a voice role in Cars and even had a role in Alfred Hitchcock's Family Plot.

Activist and entertainer Alyssa Milano responded to the news.


Danny Pintaruo responded to the news through his social media account.


Judith Light also shared her remarks on her former co-star who was like a mother figure to her.


Tony Danza, the star of the sitcom also responded.


"[Katherine] was such an influence on me. From being a single guy with a hit show in Hollywood, through my marriage and having kids -- she was with me. No matter what problem I had, I could go to her. Very few people could match her."

Katherine leaves behind her husband of 57 years David Christian. She was previously married to George N. Martin.

"She was the love of my life. We spent 57 beautiful, wonderful, loving years together, which I will treasure forever. I've been with Katherine since I was 19 yeas old. The night she died, I saw that the moon was exactly half-full, just as I am now....half of what I've been my entire adult life."

During her five-decade career, Helmond was nominated for multiple Emmy Awards and won two Golden Globes for the Jessica Tate role on Soap and Mona role on Who's The Boss?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails