Friday, January 04, 2019

A.J. Calloway Felt #MeToo!

A.J. Calloway facing heat.
The Extra host now faces heat for allegations going all the way back to his days on 106 & Park, one of BET most successful shows back in the 2000s.

There's over 10 women who accused A.J. Calloway of sexual abuse. The movement was started by actress/activist Sil Lai Abrams alleging the television host attack her and others.

The Warner Bros Entertainment and NBC hasn't spoken much on the controversy. This renewed effort to oust Calloway is now moving forward.

Abrams went to Joy Reid on MSNBC to talk about how Calloway sexually abused her. NBC scrubbed the segment.

"They took my voice!"

The Daily Beast reports that Abrams' allegations came to light thanks to the thoroughly reported June expose. But the writer and domestic-violence awareness activist is still disturbed by the lack of impact, specifically when it comes to the allegations against Calloway.

In her 2007 memoir, No More Drama: Nine Simple Steps to Transforming a Breakdown into a Breakthough, Abrams says she used pseudonyms for both Russell Simmons and A.J. Calloway. She referred to Calloway as a "Well-spoken B-list celebrity" named Ray, who she recruited for a charity event.

After the event, Abrams thanked Calloway for his participation, and they discussed her dream of starting her own non-profit. They proceeded to speak weekly on the phone about the non-profit. Abrams wrote that Calloway would repeatedly bring up the topic of sex; she explained, "Although his behavior could be annoying at times, I chose to focus on his willingness to assist with my project instead of his inappropriate boundary testing."

The day after Christmas 2006, Abrams and Calloway met for a drink. Afterwards, he offered to drive her home. In the memoir, she said that Calloway exposed himself to her in the car and then threw himself on her despite her protestations. Abrams narrates, "Pushing him away, I hissed, 'Let go..I said let me go...' as he started groping my right breast. My heart started racing...all I wanted was to grab my purse and bag and get out of the car. But he wasn't having any of that. 'Touch it...,' he said hoarsely, exposing himself again. 'This is so wrong...just stop...' I pleaded. He then tried to push my head down into his lap, but I wrested myself away. 'Just touch it...,' he begged again, grabbed my hand and returning it to his rigid member. I gave up. Our struggle had been going if I just let him do what he wanted. Ray continued to stroke himself for another minute until he climaxed, all over my hand and his. Reaching across me, he opened the glove compartment and pulled out a stack of napkins."



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails