Tuesday, January 01, 2019

What Happened To Jazmine Barnes?

A young life taken by gun violence.
So as we move into 2019, we are mourning yet again a child's life taken by gun violence. This little girl was shopping with her mother at a Walmart in Houston. On their way home, a white man opened fire on the vehicle this little child was riding in. The mother was hit by gunfire as well as the child. The mother got a bullet wound and the child was immediately killed.

Now the Houston Metro and Harris County boys are searching for the terrorist who murdered 7 year old Jazmine Barnes.

The little girl and her sister and mother LaPorsha Washington were injured by the gunfire. To hear a little girl tell you, that "Jazmine isn't moving" would devestate me.

"My baby comes and asks me, 'Where's my sister? Is she coming back?' She's only six years old."
Grieving mother wonders why a man would shoot at her and her children.
The six year was injured by glass and mother was shot in the arm. Poor Jazmine was shot in the head by the terrorist.

Washington described the suspect as a white male with a beard who was driving a red truck.

"As I turned around and looked back at the street, I heard shots start firing and they came through my window, broke my glass, and hit me in my arm. They sped off in front of us and the truck slowed down and continued to fire as he was in front of us. It was not fair. It was not fair. He intentionally killed my child for no reason. He didn't even know her, he didn't know who she was."
The NRA wants Americans who denounce gun violence to stay in their lane.
The father Christopher Cevilla and Jazmine's family are hoping the law apprehend this dangerous threat to society.

We don't know if this is a road rage or random attack provoked by racism.

I say regardless of the incident, it makes sense to me that racism is a huge factor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails