Saturday, August 24, 2013

Obama: [Republicans] Will Fail If They Continue To Support Rush Limbaugh And Fox News!



The conservative agitator is pissed off at the president. Like there's nothing new about that one.

On Early Start on CNN, Chris Cuomo interviews President Barack Obama and it's a lengthy segment.

He goes right to the point about his job approval, the NSA scandal, the handling of the economy and the infighting between Republicans. He also jabs the conservative agitator and Republicans for their "take no prisoners" attitude towards serious issues like passing a simple budget.

CUOMO: To come back home, because you could make the argument that the most perilous situation for the president of the United States exists in Washington, D.C., right? You have had a very difficult legislative session that you've had to deal with down there.

OBAMA: Well, there hasn't been a legislative session as far as I can tell.

CUOMO: Well, right, if -- I guess if you're going to judge it on the basis of past legislation, you could...

OBAMA: Yes.

CUOMO: But there's been a lot going on. That's...

OBAMA: There's been a lot of talk.

CUOMO: There's been a lot of talking going on. That's what the place is about these days. When they get back in session...

OBAMA: Yeah.

CUOMO: ... do you believe you know the way to get things done for the American people so that we don't have another shutdown of the government, which effectively punishes everybody else, except the lawmakers?

OBAMA: There is a very simple way of doing this, which is the Senate passed a budget and the House passed a budget. And, you know, maybe you're not old enough to remember "Schoolhouse Rock," but...

CUOMO: Oh, I remember it.

OBAMA: ... you remember -- you remember how the bill gets passed? You know, the -- you know, the House and the Senate try to work out their differences. They pass something. They send it to me, and potentially I sign it.

And, you know, we like to make things complicated, but this is actually not that complicated. The job of Congress -- Congress doesn't have a whole lot of core responsibilities. One core responsibility is passing a budget, which they have not done yet. The other core responsibility that they've got is to pay the bills that they've already accrued.

And if Congress simply does those two things when they get back, then the economy can continue to recover, and folks out there who are working hard, who are trying to find a job, will have some sense of stability and we can start thinking about things like college education and some of the big structural changes that we have to continue to make to ensure that we're competitive.

CUOMO: Nobody knows better than you that it is a big part of the job of the president to make that happen. How much of the lack of action in Washington do you put on yourself, in terms of blame?

OBAMA: Well, look, ultimately, the buck stops with me. And so any time we are not moving forward on things that should be simple, I get frustrated. And, you know, I've said before -- and I continue to say -- you know, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get Congress -- and Republicans in Congress in particular -- to think less about politics and party and think more about what's good for the country.

There is nobody out there who thinks that us not paying bills we've already racked up is good for the economy, is appropriate, that America losing its reputation and the full faith and credit of the United States would somehow improve the prospects of working families or businesses around the country. Nobody thinks that. So why are we even talking about? Why aren't we just getting that done?

When it comes to the budget, we know that we shouldn't be cutting more on core investments like education that are going to help us grow in the future. And we've already seen the deficit cut in half. It's going down faster than any time in the last 60 years. So why would we make more cuts in education, more cuts in basic research? Nobody thinks that's a good idea.

And then, finally, now what we've got is Republicans talking about the idea that they would shut down the government -- bad for the economy, bad for not just people who work for the government, but all the contractors who -- and the defense folks and everybody who is impacted by the services that they receive from the federal government, we should shut that down, because Republicans, after having taken 40 votes to try to get rid of Obamacare, see this as their last gasp.

Nobody thinks that's good for the middle class. So the question is ultimately, if you are putting the American people first, if you are prioritizing them, then this shouldn't be that difficult. And I've made this argument to my Republican friends privately, and, by the way, sometimes they say to me privately, "I agree with you, but I'm worried about a primary from, you know, somebody in the Tea Party back in my district," or, "I'm worried about what Rush Limbaugh is going to say about me on the radio. And so you got to understand, I'm -- it's really difficult."

Well, you know what? I can't force these folks to do what's right for the American people, because they're independently elected, it's a separate branch of government, and I don't have a vote in Congress. But what I sure as heck can do is stay focused on what I know will be good for the American people.

What the president said about the agitator is pretty much true. He basically summed it up.

Remember that Republicans have to bow down to Loserville and King Hippo. Anytime they criticize the conservative media, the apology tour begins.

Senators Ted Cruz (R-Texas), John McCain (R-Arizona), Mike Lee (R-Utah), Rand Paul (R-Kentucky), Marco Rubio (R-Florida), and Tom Coburn (R-Oklahoma) have made appearances on the show.

Some Republicans had harsh comments about the conservative agitator. They've only to retract them and go on the show to "clarify their statements" towards him or those folks over at Loserville.

Still bitching about President Barack Obama.
The conservative agitator responds. He leads off from a private email exchange between him and Greta The Ambulance Chaser. Portions of his transcript comes from his official website.

KING HIPPO: So I got in here at the usual time after working very early this morning, late into last night on show prep and stuff, and at about ten o'clock I get an e-mail from Greta Van Susteren, and I thought, "No, no, no, no, I just did her show.  She can't be asking me back."  And it wasn't that.  Her e-mail was, "Man, oh, man, do you live rent free in Obama's head."  And I said, "What's this?"  So I read further, and she just assumed that I knew what she was talking about, and I didn't, but I keep scrolling her e-mail and she'd finally attached a Mediaite story in which President Obama, in an interview this morning on CNN with Chris Cuomo, once again blamed me for the gridlock in Washington.

 am the reason he can't move his agenda forward, which of course is silly because he's getting everything he wants.  He blamed me again.  I mean, it's like a broken record.  You know what I think is happening?  I think that nobody's listening to Obama anymore.  I don't think he commands nearly the attention or the interest that he did.  So what he's doing is going back to the greatest hits, kind of like if you're at a radio station and losing audience, play the hits, you know, stop the New Age stuff and go play the hits.  Well, he's going back and he recycled this idea that the Republicans are not cooperating with him because they're afraid of what I'm gonna say about them.

The Republicans are not listening to me!  The true irony here is the Republicans are not listening to me.  I don't know who the Republicans are listening to outside of their consultants, but they're not listening to me, but he's gotta blame somebody.

So, anyway, blame me.  The president of the United States seems to think that I'm something more than relevant.  It was just two weeks ago, let's review, shall be?  Two weeks, three weeks, a month ago, you couldn't turn on the Drive-By Media without reading that I was finished.  Let me tell you what you had read.

Because I have an announcement to make here.  I wasn't gonna do this, either.

The president of the United States seems to think that I'm something more than relevant, seems to think that I'm something more than an entertainer.  The president has blamed me more than he blamed Boehner or McConnell or anybody else in the Republican organizational chart.  The president says the Excellence in Broadcasting Network is the single most powerful force in Republican/conservative politics today!

Obama blamed me the first two weeks in office to John Boehner and the Republicans. I told you that story. Then Boehner, I had a meeting with him, and he told me about it. He said, "Rush, why would Obama blame you to us? Why would he even bring you up to us?" And I had to tell him what was going on.

I said, "Mr. Speaker, what he's hoping would happen is, after that meeting where he says you can't listen to me and get things done in Washington, he's hoping that you or somebody in the Republican Party will go to a microphone and denounce me and agree with him! He's in the process of trying to discredit all conservative opposition," and the speaker was, "Oh, oh! Okay. I get it now."

Let me make this clear for the readers. Whenever the president mentions a conservative agitator, they treat this as a "badge of honor". They love it when they get under the president's skin. That's why you would hear a monologue of rambling from the likes of this conservative agitator and others in the junk food media.

You call that a promotional shout out. Because if the president shouts out your name, you're going to be in the news.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails