Monday, July 29, 2013

Tim Allen: I'm Gonna Need Some HOME Improvement!


Wild hogging! Tim Allen uses Martin Lawrence as a reference to how you explain the word NIGGER.

Famed comic is under fire for defending troubled celebrity chef Paula Deen. The comic even utter the racial slur.

From Home Improvement, to The Santa Clause and Toy Story, he's been a fixture of Disney for sometime.

After a rocky second season, ABC decided to renew the Tim Allen sitcom Last Man Standing. Even after the changing of actors and the dreaded Friday spot, the show pulled good ratings. The show features Nancy Travis, Molly Ephraim, Hector Elizondo, Kaitlyn Dever, and Amanda Fuller.

I can admit even in the replacement of actress Alexandra Krosney for Amanda Fuller was kind of rocky but it did bring an improvement to the show.
Tim Allen plays Mike Baxter on the show Last Man Standing. He and Nancy Travis play a married couple who raising three daughters and their grandson in suburban Denver.
Last Man Standing is based on married couple with three daughters and a grandson. Allen is the chief manager of a sporting good store and his wife (played by Travis) is a geologist. They raise three daughters in their home in suburban Denver, Colorado. Each of the character's experience involves Allen giving his fatherly advice to most modern day issues.

Allen's character is a conservative at heart. Some episodes featured conversation about President Barack Obama and perennial loser Mitt Romney. Some of the episodes talk about controversial themes such as "unwed pregnancy", "performance enhancing drugs", "vigilante protests" and "racial stereotypes".

The third season will begin in September.

Allen pissed off Melissa Harris-Perry and Michael Eric Dyson, two featured players on Obama News.

Allen gave an interview to the Tampa Bay Times and he praised his idols Lenny Bruce and Richard Pryor.

He also gave his thoughts on Paula Deen:

"If I have no intent, if I show no intent, if I clearly am not a racist! How can say that NIGGER be bad [when it comes] out my mouth?"

I do (sic) a movie with Martin Lawerence and pretty soon they're referring to me, 'hey my NIGGA's up'. So I'm the NIGGER if I'm around you guys but 7 feet away, if I said NIGGER, it's not right. It's very confusing to the European mind how that works, especially if I've either grown up or evolved or whatever, it litterally was growing up in Colorado, with Hispanics and Anglos, that's all I remember.

That didn't go so well with Michael Eric Dyson. This was discussed on Melissa Harris-Perry's show this weekend.


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails