Thursday, July 30, 2026

Michigan AG Scared Her Ass Gets Confronted!

You are not helping Haley Stevens.

The Michigan Democratic Convention is happening in August. They will nominate their choices for federal and state office. One of the outgoing incumbents is skipping the event for fears of her safety.

The Michigan Attorney General is crying about her fucking safety. 

Like no one cares about you, your wife and your children, Dana Nessel.

What we do care about is the arrest of Michigan State, University of Michigan and Wayne Stare University students for protesting the Israeli regime's genocides in Palestine and Lebanon.

We care about how you, Jim Clyburn, John Fetterman, Elissa Slotkin, Gary Peters, Hillary Scholten, Ritchie Torres and Angie Smith working ya mouths.

You fear being booed.

Well it means you are doing a fucking terrible job. Your poor handling of issues puts future Democratic nominees for attorney general at risk of defeat.

Her reaction.

“I feel like my presence isn’t going to be welcome. I don’t want to get chased around. I don’t want to get harassed,” Nessel told the group, according to local reporting.

Michigan Advance’s Katherine Dailey reported that Nessel added, “I don’t want to get yelled and screamed at. I don’t want to get booed off the stage, irrespective of what I’m saying. And I believe that if I go, that is what will happen because it’s been happening to me.”

Dailey reported that during the conversation, Nessel, who is gay and Jewish, also told the group she had asked party leaders to address past harassment.

If you cannot handle pressure, fucking resign. Quit acting like you fear violence. I mean you are not gassing up people to commit acts against other Americans. You just using your privilege as an entitlement. 

You fear hearing calls for you to apologize to the people you had arrested during the 2023-24 Palestinian protests.

She criticized party leadership for not responding to concerns she said she has raised about members who have harassed her in the past, and compared the rise of antisemitism on the political left and in the Democratic Party to the proliferation of neo-Nazi organizations in far-right fringe politics.

Nessel’s stunning remarks and boycott of her own party’s convention come amid a heated Democratic Party primary in the state, pitting progressive Abdul El-Sayed against Rep. Haley Stevens (D-MI) in a contest that many pundits see as a bellwether for whether or not the Democratic establishment can stop the rising tide of Democratic Socialists.

“I will speak as a member of the Democratic Party here in Michigan, that some things have changed,” Nessel added, concluding, “This cannot continue, and the fact of the matter is, we have to be able to be a society where we can have intelligent discourse and debate about ideas without people being threatened, and certainly without people carrying out those threats.”

Derrick Honeyman, a spokesperson for the Michigan Democratic Party, told Michigan Advance that the party is working hard at “ensuring party-hosted events are safe and secure environments for all attendees.”

“We reject antisemitism, Islamophobia, and all forms of hateful conduct. We are working diligently with stakeholders, elected officials, and party membership to prepare for our August convention and look forward to welcoming Michigan Democrats to the Lansing Center on August 29,” Honeyman added.

Nessel dropped all charges against 11 pro-Palestinian protesters who participated in a 2024 encampment at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. The dismissals were filed in May 2025, citing legal delays, defense allegations of bias, and a desire to avoid a "circus-like atmosphere".

The protesters originally faced misdemeanor and felony charges for trespassing and resisting or obstructing police during the clearing of the Diag encampment. After dropping the charges, Nessel stated that while her office had a strong case, they no longer viewed it as a prudent use of department resources.

It's almost over. I am for Abdul El-Sayed. If Haley Stevens wins, I will reluctantly back her but almost assured she will not achieve the goal of winning over progressives tired of the status quo. She will have make some deep changes before I "stick it to em."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails