Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Folks Like You!

Ne-Yo doubles down on transphobia.

Ne-Yo faces backlash for transphobic remarks he made on VladTV, which were picked up by Fox. On top of that, many are roasting him for being an adulterer and allegedly being in the closet.

During a conversation on VladTV with Gloria Velez, the rapper and father of seven opined on people who allow their minor children to receive puberty blockers and hormone treatments, arguing that they have forgotten their role as a parent.

"Parents have almost forgotten what the role of a parent is," said Ne-Yo, whose real name is Shaffer Chimere Smith. "It’s like, OK, if your little boy comes to you and says, ‘Daddy, I want to be a girl.’ And you just let him rock with that? You just let – he’s 5."

Ne-Yo said he finds it puzzling that a young child "can’t drive a car yet, but he can decide his sex."

The Grammy award-winning artist said that while he has "no issue" with the LGBTQ+ community, he was raised in an era when "a man was a man and a woman was a woman."

"If you let this 5-year-old boy decide to eat candy all day, he’s going to do that," he continued. "Like when did it become a good idea to let a 5-year-old, let a 6-year-old, let a 12-year-old make a life-changing decision for themselves? When did that happen? Like, I don’t understand that. I don’t get that." 

Folks in the day thought he was gay.

Ne-Yo added, "I have no issue with the [LGBTQ+], I have no problem with none of you all, with nobody," he said. "Love who you love, do what you do. I just personally come from an era where a man was a man and a woman was a woman. And it wasn’t but two genders, and that’s just how I rocked it. Now you could identify as [a] goldfish if you feel like it, that isn't my business. It becomes my business when you try to make me play the game with you. I’m not going to call you a goldfish, but you want to be a goldfish, you go be a goldfish."

"It’s just, we live in a weird time man."

Again, we are dealing in a society where people need to show a little more empathy.

We lost over 1.47 million Americans to the coronavirus. Gun violence has killed 155 people a day. Mass shootings are happening everyday. Bipartisanship is a dirty word.

Washed Up 45 is still a plague and his presence is still mentioned on television, radio and the internet. He is running for president and it seems like he is pulling in the Black male vote.

Ne-Yo and his wife Crystal are divorced. He has a problem with loyalty.

Rappers like Ice Cube, Ye, Kodak Black, Lil Wayne, Travis Scott, Lil Pump and Ne-Yo have pushed this notion that Washed Up 45 benefited Black America by pushing separatism.

The Black LGBTIA face the most dangers. They can't live their lives in peace without threats of violence.

When Boosie Badazz threatened Lil Nas X after his performance at the BET Awards showed him kissing a male dancer, some defended Boosie and even thought it was inappropriate. 

When Benzino was showing interest in a transwoman, he flatly denied it. He (and 50 Cent) dead named Shauna Brooks, denied they had a known each other and threatened her and Lil Nas X. Black LGBT pulled Benzino's card by sharing an image of him using a vibrator on himself. They played a video of him getting trespassed out of a one bed hotel with a man. Shauna played a video of Benzino begging her not to expose their relationship.

Black transwomen face threats of violence the most.

Ne-Yo responded on social media before he pulled it.

"1st and foremost, I CONDEMN NO ONE, the rapper wrote. "Who am I to condemn anybody? Your life, your kids, your choice. I was asked a question and I answered it. My opinion is mine. I’m not asking anybody to agree with me nor am I telling you what you can and cannot do with your children. I stated my opinion on a matter and that’s that."

"Why should I care if my opinion upsets you when you don’t care if yours upsets anyone? Opinions aren’t special. We all have one. People voice them regularly whether they’re asked or not. I was actually asked mine. Agreeing to disagree is not a declaration of war. Y’all do whatever the hell y’all want to. But my feelings on the matter are mine. Same way yours are yours. Meanwhile, I love everybody," he continued. "Don’t agree with some of y’all’s ideals….but love you no less." 

Ne-Yo said he does care if he is canceled because of his stances.

“I need y’all to hear this from the horse’s mouth, not the publicist’s computer,” Ne-Yo said in a video, implying someone else with access to his account posted the previous apology. “I do not apologize for having an opinion on this matter.”

He clarified his statement, saying that he had no intention of disrespecting or offending anyone with his words.

“If my opinion offended somebody, yeah, sure, I apologize for you being offended because that wasn’t my intention. My intention is never to offend anybody. However, I’m entitled to feel how I feel. I have no beef with the LBGTQIA+ [sic] community whatsoever,” Ne-Yo said. “I will never be ok with allowing a child to make a decision that detrimental to their life.”

“I need y’all to hear this from the horse’s mouth, not the publicist’s computer,” Ne-Yo said in a video, implying someone else with access to his account posted the previous apology. “I do not apologize for having an opinion on this matter.”

He clarified his statement, saying that he had no intention of disrespecting or offending anyone with his words.

“If my opinion offended somebody, yeah, sure, I apologize for you being offended because that wasn’t my intention. My intention is never to offend anybody. However, I’m entitled to feel how I feel. I have no beef with the LBGTQIA+ [sic] community whatsoever,” Ne-Yo said. “I will never be ok with allowing a child to make a decision that detrimental to their life.”

It's his life and his opinion. But he should show more empathy instead of chastising.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails