Sunday, June 25, 2023

I'll Return Soon!

Never better.

With a beard and a clear conscience, the former CNN host Don Lemon speaks out.

He reacts to CNN's turmoils, the ousting of him, the ousting of Chris Licht and the plans for his return to television.

He addressed Kaitlin Collins and Vivek Ramaswamy. 

Licht was angered over Lemon's confrontation with the far right extremist. Lemon pressed Ramaswamy over his racial views in the wake of Tyre Nichols' brutal death by Memphis Police.

Lemon was forced out after Collins alleged he was disrespectful towards her during his demotion to host morning show.

Lemon who is vowing to get his contract dues is legally not required to speak on the matter but I am guessing he was pretty damn happy Licht was fired and David Zaslav is facing pressure to be fired.

He spoke at the Memphis NAACP and a local ABC station.

“I don’t believe in platforming liars, and bigots, and insurrectionists, and election deniers, and putting them on the same footing as people who are telling the truth, people who are fighting for what’s right, people who are abiding by the Constitution,” Lemon said. “I think that would be a dereliction of journalistic duty doing those sorts of things. That is what has gotten me to this point, and that is what is going to carry me forward.”

The former CNN anchor went on to discuss his future, and made clear that he is in no hurry to decide what comes next.

“I’m not gonna force anything,” Lemon said. “I’m not gonna let others people’s timeline influence me. I know people say, ‘I miss you on television. What is your next move?’ I’m figuring that out. I don’t have to be in a rush. I think sometimes people rush to make decisions and they end up making the wrong decisions.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails