Friday, February 14, 2020

💓💓!


It's Valentine's Day again, and yes I'm still single. But guess what?

I am pretty happy about it. I am no longer worrying about being in a relationship with anyone. I am not going to be concerned about looking for a relationship. I am just going to keep it moving and make the most out of my life.

I am a father (despite being a "surprise dad"). I am working a better job and I'm looking forward to better vacations, a better home, a presidential election and a better 2020. If things work in my favor, I'll be a better person.

Trust me, I am not going to be broken.

I am so tired of wasting my time dating women who take advantage of me. I am the dreaded "NICE GUY" who will end up always in the "FRIEND ZONE".

I am not looking for the "FRIEND ZONE" and I am not looking for the "HIT IT AND QUIT IT".

But I am certainly willing to place my bets on millions of singles rushing into relationships. The social media websites that attract singles, OKCupid, eHarmony, POF, Badoo, Tinder, Coffee Meets Bagel, Match.com, MeetMe and Christian Mingle see a spike around the week of Valentine's Day.

But there's one guy who got more bad luck than me!

What's Valentine's Day without that racist goofball Romeo Rose?

Years ago, me and S.B covered the hapless loser on this blog. I even gave a you a plug to a blog devoted to the loser. If you decide to click on it, it's called The New Adventures of Romeo Rose.

It updates the latest antics from this loser.

If you are new to this blog, I want to thank you for reading it.

If you're interested in my honest opinion of Valentine's Day from 2015, please click here.

Reminder, this holiday is the perfect time for scammers. They often exploit the naive and lonely for their money.

If you're still single but are either straight, gay, lesbian or bisexual, here's my honest take on what you can do if you're looking for that special someone. Don't rush into relationship. You want to know that person, day and night.

Get to know yourself before you get to know someone else. You have likes, dislikes, favorites and things you're interested in.

Please do not bring up politics or religion in your dates. Politics and religion are the ultimate turn offs to relationships. Some folks are content with who they're voting for or what religion they're practicing. Don't try to change a person's mind overnight.

Do not ever give any personal information or credit card numbers to anyone online or through the phone.

It's always important to understand that if you're meeting anyone online, make sure you tell family and friends where you're going, what place you're heading to, what time you're expected back home, offer friends and their dates to come along, make sure you or your date are not under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and call 9-1-1 if the date becomes dangerous. Reminder, if you're not comfortable with the situation, you can get out before it gets dangerous.

If you have any STDs or medical issues, please tell the person. In most states, if you deliberately spread HIV or any transmittable disease to an unsuspecting victim, you can be charged with a criminal act.

Sexual predators do look for love online. If you're starting to like the date and you want to "vet" that individual for criminal acts or possible sexual offender status, you can easily Google the name or check your local sheriff's office.

While the FBI and other federal partners work some of these cases—in particular those with a large number of victims or large dollar losses and/or those involving organized criminal groups—many are investigated by local and state authorities.

We strongly recommend, however, that if you think you’ve been victimized by a dating scam or any other online scam, file a complaint with our Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov).

Before forwarding the complaints to the appropriate agencies, IC3 collates and analyzes the data—looking for common threads that could link complaints together and help identify the culprits. This helps keep everyone safe.

Here are some tips on how to avoid becoming a victim of an online dating scam.

Recognizing an Online Dating Scam Artist

Your online "date" may only be interested in your money if he or she:
  • Presses you to leave the dating website you met through and to communicate using personal e-mail or instant messaging;
  • Professes instant feelings of love;
  • Sends you a photograph of himself or herself that looks like something from a glamour magazine;
  • Claims to be from the U.S. and is traveling or working overseas;
  • Makes plans to visit you but is then unable to do so because of a tragic event; or
  • Asks for money for a variety of reasons (travel, medical emergencies, hotel bills, hospitals bills for child or other relative, visas or other official documents, losses from a financial setback or crime victimization).
One way to steer clear of these criminals all together is to stick to online dating websites with nationally known reputations.

Before I go, I want to give a shout out to Barack and Michelle Obama. They come with the class.



Be safe and have great Valentine's Day!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails