Monday, March 07, 2016

Bloomberg Isn't Spoiling The Milk!

The temptation is over for former New York mayor, billionaire media mogul Michael Bloomberg.

It seems like former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg is comfortable with the notion that Hillary Clinton could secure the Democratic nomination.

The billionaire media mogul who served as mayor of New York from 2002- 2013 was tempting a run for the president as an independent. He was not happy about Donald Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT). He was really uncomfortable with the notion that Sanders could capture the Democratic nomination.

Bloomberg today told the junk food media, that he's not interested in opportunity in running for president.

It became clear that he's talked to many of his staffers about a potential run. But given the nature of the race and the electoral map, it didn't fit the board.

He said that he didn't want to spoil the Democrats chance at being the Republican nominee.

Bloomberg's quest for an independent ticket came to end today. He wrote an editorial published today under the headline "The Risk I Will Not Take," Politico reports. "When I look at the data, it’s clear to me that if I entered the race, I could not win," he writes. "I believe I could win a number of diverse states—but not enough to win the 270 Electoral College votes necessary to win the presidency." That means Bloomberg might have forced an Electoral College deadlock and thrown the election to Congress, where ruling Republicans would have likely chosen Donald Trump or Ted Cruz. "That is not a risk I can take in good conscience," he writes.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails