Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Nick Cannon: Eminem Is Elvis On Crack!

Nick Cannon reignites the feud with Eminem.
Looks like some rappers still consider the Rap God an outsider.

The Masked Singer returns in September on Fox.

Nick Scott Cannon is a rapper, actor, music director, radio personality, comedian, activist, rap producer, game show host and father of three. He is the former husband of pop singer Mariah Carey.

He is the former host of America's Got Talent.

It seems like the famed entertainer is still agitated about the verbal abuse Marshall Bruce Mathers III laid on him. Some years ago, Eminem laid a hard track aimed at his former wife. The song, The Warning digs at Mariah Carey's mental illness, Nick Cannon's "Will Smith-friendly rap" and their troubled marriage. He hit Cannon on his skirt chasing and said Mariah often called on Em.

In an interview with DJ Vlad, he boldly called the Rap God, "Elvis on crack."

Cannon said, "When you got a blonde-haired white boy that is actually dope, that's like the second coming of Christ to the music industry. Because you gonna get all of the credibility, like dude you can't deny he's dope. He'll get in front of anybody, battle anybody. Then, the fact its like, 'Oh shit! I can sell and market this muthafucka like Pepsi? And he's crazy and entertaining too? Oh, he's a superstar. Oh he's Elvis on crack.'"

"It's capitalism at the end of the day. Hip-hop music, the people that actually buy hip-hop music are white people, specifically white girls. Like if you look at the actual demographics and how it all breaks down, well music in general. Even when you look at the streaming numbers."

The definition of irony.... Nick Cannon's White People Party Music.



Lord Jamar brought up the conservation after he proclaimed that people really in tune with hip-hop don't vibe to Eminem's music. He has a podcast with Rah Digga, a female rapper who had rapped with Eminem in the past.

"White people will crown Eminem king because he sold the most records out of all rappers," Jamar said. "But when we go into everyday life of Black people, people who are the originators of this, we don't listen to Eminem. We don't got to the gym and turn on Eminem. We don't listen to him on the way to the club."

I keep thinking about the Benzino feud whenever a rapper starts comparing Eminem to Elvis or calling him a "pop rapper" who got lucky. Eminem wasn't widely accepted in the late 1990s. He was considered too controversial. His lyrics were often considered misogynist, sexist, homophobic and violent. He often picked fights with pop singers to remind listeners he doesn't carry that title. He has a track record as a battle rapper and so far I haven't seen any rapper managed to defeat him in a rap feud.
Nick Cannon didn't learn from the first encounter.
Eminem has buried many rivals. He put the nail in the coffin on Canibus, Benzino, Joe Budden, Ja Rule and Machine Gun Kelly. He is ready to toss Cannon in the grave too.

I mean clearly, Eminem doesn't get much respect from rappers who don't sell. The rappers who don't sell usually are clearance bin. Eminem managed to get Nelly, Ludacris, Cam'Ron, 50 Cent and Rick Ross into the fold.

Eminem often praises LL Cool J, Redman, Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Jay-Z and Dr. Dre as his influences.

So I don't understand why Nick Cannon decided to throw Eminem in his conversation. Maybe Vlad instigated it or maybe the blood still bitter over The Warning.

Eminem released Kamikaze in August 2019. He launched an all-out assault on rappers who trashed on The Revival, Lord Jamar and Joe Budden for calling him trash and acknowledged that he still learns from his mistakes and continues to move forth in correcting them.

The album went three times platinum.

So will Em release another album to silence his critics? Or will he drop another "nail in the coffin."



Eminem's newest signee to Shady Records is Conway the Machine. The Buffalo rapper and Em teamed up on a single that is fire. It's called BANG. Conway and Westside Gunn as a signed group are on Griselda Records. The label is distributed through Roc Nation, Shady Records and Interscope.

If that's not a warning to critics.....

I used to be a man of the people
Hit the clubs and mingle (What up?)
Used to dream one day I'd be fuckin' pink like a flamingo (Pink)

That was back when I smoked Canibus
Man, but it was tough, 'cause I was a fan of his
So it sucked to hand him his ass, but

Yeah, lookin' back on my feuds
How me and Ja Rule almost got cool
'Cause we shot pool back in '01
Was it '02? I don't know, but

Something told me fuckin' not to
Then we got stuck in high school, I shoved an Oscar up his wazoo
Yeah, but I think of the rappers I slayed and buried like every night
And every career I might've killed, sometimes I say a prayer and I

Wonder is there a heaven for a G? And if so, is the sanctuary nice?
Studios for rap like Coolio, shootin' craps at gangster's paradise
Huh, here a mic, there a mic
Everywhere a mic, share and share alike
But just don't compare alike

Instead of comparin' me, pick a fair fight
Compare me to lightnin', that similarity's strikin'
Compare me to Jaws
Compare me to Manson, Marilyn or Charles
Compare me to Nas, Biggie, or Pac
Do not compare me to that Iggy bitch
Or all this fuckin' Milli Vanilli hip-hop

This is where all that silly shit stops
Compare me to the pistol that triggered this thought
The semi, the Glock, 9 millis get cocked, I'm sending a shot
Don't come around with them floss raps tryna stunt
Compare me to Meek, big wheelies get popped

One by one, compare 'em to scabs, I'm picking them off
They're going home to fuck Nicki Minaj, aw
Compare me to Diggity-Das, yah
I'm hickity-hitting it raw, ha
In the trailer park (Haha)

Told her I'd play the part like Kanan Stark's
Ate her twat like a Tater Tot, oh shit
Get the strap like a trainin' bra
Lunchtime like at eight-o'clock
But Shady's not for the faint of heart
Goin' at these pricks like Lorena Bobbitt
Y'all want drama, we can make a scary movie like Marlon Wayans
Y'all lookin' at the charred remains of Charlamagne tha God
Slim whip, Westside, and Conway are not playin'
I cock back, aim, and I spray ya like (Bang)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails