Sunday, March 24, 2024

Back To The Future!

Life was good.

Feuds in hip-hop 2024.

The winners and losers of 2024.

Nicki Minaj vs. Meghan Thee Stallion

Benzino vs. Eminem

Kendrick Lamar vs. J. Cole and Drake

Future and Metro Boomin vs. Drake and 21 Savage

Latto vs. Ice Spice

Okay, I wasn't expecting the most recent feud to emerge between Drake and Future. Hell, I was expecting the two to release their sequel "What A Time To Be Alive 2." However, that may be shelved indefinitely because of the beef these two have. Even Metro Boomin is involved in this feud. It may have sparked over a woman.

Speak of that, Kendrick Lamar came out swinging at Drake and J. Cole which led to speculation and confirmation that the "Jumpman" landed.

So Future and Metro Boomin released their debut album "We Don't Trust You" on Friday.

Dr. Dre and Kendrick Lamar.

The album has uncredited features from Kendrick Lamar, Rick Ross, Playboi Carti, The Weeknd, Travis Scott and Young Thug. 

Metro Boomin, Zaytoven, Honorable C-N.O.T.E., Wheezy, Travis Scott, Boi-1da, Mike Dean, Oz, Southside Sizzle, Doughboy, TM88 and others producing the album.

It is released on Boominati, Wilburn Music, Freebandz, Epic and Republic Records.

The two had released the mixtape "Monster" with DJ Esco in 2014.

Okay, Drake and 21 Savage released "Her Loss" in 2022. This album did reasonably well.

Future felt disrespected when Drake decided to do a collaboration with 21 Savage instead of him. The "Her Loss" album was nominated for a Grammy along with Metro's "Heroes & Villains". They both lost to Killer Mike's "Michael."

Anyway, Metro vented about how the system is rigged and felt that his album deserved more airplay than Drake and 21 Savage. He posted his frustration on social media before deleting it. 

The 6 God responded to the remarks by labeling Metro allegedly a "tweet and delete" fool.

Caught in the crossfire. J. Cole and 21 Savage are allegedly feuding with Future.

The two didn't signal a feud but the tensions were boiling allegedly. Then comes Future.

Drake went on tour with 21 and left the sequel project on the backburner. And then comes the girls. Future, the father of nine children. Disclosure one of my cousins has a child with him. Ciara Wilson also has a child with him and Russell Wilson took him in.

The rapper allowed K. Dot on the track to do a wild diss that has the hip-hop world talking. The single "Like That" uses a sample of Michl'le's hook.

Here's the lyrics.

[Intro: Future]
Gotta fire my joint up on this b!tch
Young Metro, Metro, young Metro, 3 times
Yeah!

[Verse 1: Future]
Sticking to the code, all these hoes for the streets
I put it in her nose, it's gone make her pu**y leak
Pu**y n!ggas told, ain't gone wake up out they sleep
You can't hear that switch, but you can hear them n!ggas scream
All my hoes do shrooms, n!gga, all my hoes do coke
Twenty carat ring, I put my fingers down her throat (Uh, uh, uh)
If I lose a carat, she might choke (Uh, uh, uh)
I know she gone swallow, she a G.O.A.T. (Uh, uh, uh)
Freeband n!gga, bring the racks in
Got the shooters in the corner like the pack in
She think 'cause she exotic b!tch, she attractive
That's that sh!t'll get you put up out the section, brrt
And the motto still the same
Ball like I won a championship game
You know these hoes hungry, they gone f**k for a name
I put her on the gang, she get f**ked for a chain
Got your girl in this b!tch, she twirling on the d!ck
I got syrup in this b!tch, turn up in this b!tch
And we brought the 'Ercs in this b!tch, get murked in this b!tch
All these pointers on me, baby, you know it's game time
Bring a friend, b!tch, we f**ked 'em at the same time
I'm a different n!gga, no, we not the same kind
You can have that lil'— if she ain't mine (Yeah)

[Chorus: Future]
Young dope dealer, selling dope, is you like that?
(If you like that)
Kicking doors, kicking in doors, is you like that? (Yeah)
Young throwed n!gga, selling lows, is you like that? (Yeah)
All '24, you on go, is you like that? (If you like that)
N!ggas from the bottom really like that (If you like that)
Stepping in Balencis if you like that (If you like that)
Pop another bottle if you like that (If you like that)

We Don't Trust You.

[Post-Chorus: Michel'le]
He was once a thug from around the way

[Verse 2: Kendrick Lamar]
These n!ggas talking out of they necks
Don't pull no coffin out of your mouth
I'm way too paranoid for a threat
Ayy-ayy, let's get it, bro
D-O-T, the money, power, respect
The last one is better
Say, it's a lot of goofies with a check
I mean, ah, I hope them sentiments symbolic
Ah, my temperament bipolar, I choose violence
Okay, let's get it up, it's time for him to prove that he's a problem
N!ggas cl!cking up, but cannot be legit, no 40 Water, tell 'em
Ah, yeah, huh, yeah, get up with me
F**k sneak dissing, first person shooter
I hope they came with three switches
I crash out, like, "F**k rap, " diss Melle Mel if I had to
Got 2TEEZ with me, I'm snatching chains and burning tattoos, it's up
Lost too many soldiers not to play it safe
If he walk around with that stick, it ain't Andre 3K
Think I won't drop the location? I still got PTSD
Motherf**k the big three, n!gga, it's just big me
N!gga, bum, what? I'm really like that
And your best work is a light pack
N!gga, Prince outlived Mike Jack'
N!gga, bum, 'fore all your dogs getting buried
That's a K with all these nines, he gone see Pet Sematary
N!gga, bum

[Chorus: Future & Kendrick Lamar]
Young dope dealer, selling dope, is you like that?
(If you like that, yeah, yeah)
Kicking doors, kicking in doors, is you like that?
(How?, yeah)
Young throwed n!gga, selling lows, is you like that?
(Holy water, Holy water, yeah)
All '24, you on go, is you like that? (If you like that)
N!ggas from the bottom really like that (If you like that)
Stepping in Balencis if you like that (If you like that)
Pop another bottle if you like that (If you like that)

[Post-Chorus: Michel'le]
He was once a thug from around the way

[Chorus: Future]
Young dope dealer, selling dope, is you like that?
Kicking doors, kicking in doors, is you like that?
Young throwed n!gga, selling lows, is you like that?
All '24, you on go, is you like that? (If you like that)
N!ggas from the bottom really like that (If you like that)
Stepping in Balencis if you like that (If you like that)
Pop another bottle if you like that (If you like that)

[Post-Chorus: Michel'le]
He was once a thug, he was, he was—

[Outro: Future]
Came in banging dope n!ggas was young, slanging powder
Walk in the strip club, make it rain for three hours
Locked in and now I got my Phantom and my driver
Perc'd out, took chances in my hood like Nevada
Surfed out outside, white interior, lasagna
Hundred thousands, I just cashed out on designer 
Gotta devour, n!gga, I learned that in the jungle
Once I sell this load, that's a million in a week

XXL reported that the intro single "We Don't Trust You" seems like a Future jab at Drake.

"You a nigga number one fan, dog/Sneak dissin', I don't understand, dog/Pillowtalkin', actin' like a fed, dog/I don't need another fake friend, dog/Can't be 'bout a ho, 'cause we sharin', dog/In you feelings, niggaa, why you playin', dog?/Give her backshots, while she layin' down/Keep the Glock cocked, I don't trust hoes/Top shotter, goin' for the gusto/Like a real dog, got a mutt ho/Get the lo', you a John Doe/Bubble-eye Benz on a ho/Rappin' so pretend, you a ho," Future raps.

K. Dot has been semi-retired. But this diss gives me faith that Kendrick is working on a new album and is making sure he is given his due respects. I believe that Cole World and the 6 God will respond to these disses.

I mean Drake, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole are damn near 40. Future is 40. They all need to keep the music fresh and live for the next generation of talent. Rap beefs are tired to be honest.

Thinking about how Barbz failed going at thee Stallion.

Thinking about how Raymond "Benzino" Scott has this 20+ year feud with Em.

Pluto is strategic in how he releases music. I mean "I Don't Like You" was released in 2022 and went two times platinum. He often does albums in early period. Drake had released albums in 2022 and one in 2023. The albums "Honestly Nevermind", "Her Loss" and "For All The Dogs" went platinum.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails