Sunday, April 19, 2015

I'll Have Mine On WHITE Bread!

Image via GoFundMe/Jim Boggess

There was a deli shop owner in America that wanted to show his pride. He introduced the White History Month for a promotional stunt. This stunt got him some attention.

Yeah, he's blaming the junk food media and those pesky activists.

The town of Flemington is embarrassed by this deli.

Jim Boggess of Jimbo's Deli has some negative publicity. This latest stunt managed to set the public ablaze. He posted on his business "Celebrate Your White Heritage in March. This is White History Month."

“[T]he bottom dropped out and customers were no longer coming into my deli, and now I am forced to close down my Deli and lose my American dream,” he wrote. “I have become heavily in debt and getting shut off notices from everywhere for both business and home. I don’t think I deserve this just because I wanted to be proud of being white and be able to celebrate my heritage like everyone else does.”
Wonder if he'll make my sandwich on Rye with lots of Black Forest ham.
Critics immediately pounced, questioning whether the sign was really to blame, prompting Boggess to post an update.

“Yes, you guys are right, the store wasn’t doing good before the sign was posted,” he wrote. “But it was doing good enough to keep the store open.”

He said after the sign was posted, business dried up.

The deli has mostly terrible reviews on Yelp.

His business shut down for the time being.

He wanted to start a GoFundMe page to gain success. But it only netted less than $300 in donations.

He wanted to do what Memories Pizza done when its owners stated they weren't going to serve customers they perceive as gay.

During the Indiana fiasco, a pizza shop outside of South Bend got media attention after they said they won't cater to gay couples. The pizza shop got death threats and the conservative agitators asked for their fans to support the pizza shop. The pizza shop netted over $100,000 in donations.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails