Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wampum: So exactly what did she say?

Wampum: So exactly what did she say?: "This morning, the Huffington Post reported Ms. Obama's remarks thusly:

'For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,' she told a Milwaukee crowd today, 'because it feels like hope is making a comeback.'

Which, frankly, doesn't sound as bad as when I heard only the initial clause. However, the Telegraph has this quote, which feeds my sense of dread:

Speaking at a rally in Milwaukee, she said: 'Hope is making a comeback and, let me tell you, for the first time in my adult life I am really proud of my country. Not just because Barack is doing well, but I think people are hungry for change.'

Ironically, Fox solves the mystery of the discrepancy."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails