Friday, July 07, 2017

Kmart Breaks From Dayton!

Kmart is extinct in the rust belt city of Dayton, Ohio.

The last Kmart in the Dayton area is closing. The store located in Riverside announced it will go out of business.

The end of an era.

Sears Holdings announced it will close 265 stores this year and this Kmart was on the list.

I went into the Kmart this year and noticed three things that gave me the strong possibility of its eminent closing.

There were empty shelves.

The store looks like it was still stuck in the 1980s.

Foot traffic was extremely light.

Most of you know that Kmart was once the third largest retailer in the United States. Now it's apparent that the store couldn't attract shoppers who head to Walmart, Target, Kroger, and Meijer.

View some of my pictures.































Yeah, it is sad that I see iconic brands like Kmart and Sears go under. I wished the situation would have turned around. Their leadership should have been more diverse to the consumer.

Are you sad to see Kmart and Sears go?


Are you sad to see your local Kmart and Sears close up shop?

Yeah. I am sad that a great company is fading away. I loved going to a Kmart (or Sears) store. I am going to miss the layaway policies, the products and friendly service.
Nope. The Sears Holding Group made mistakes since the merger. The company couldn't keep up with trends. I could get better deals from Walmart and Target.
Poll Maker


Yeah, I am going to be sad about it. It will leave another empty box store in this community. I hate to see decay. I believe Dayton will be a ghost town in 20 years.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails