Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Chrisette Michele: Performing For Trump Got Me Blackball'd!

Chrisette Michele faces a backlash for going to the fuhrer's inaugural.

Motown artist Chrisette Michele is facing a backlash for her performance for the fuhrer.

She didn't perform for Donald J. Trump. However she did perform at the inaugural balls.

Many of her family and friends have disowned her and her fans are calling for a boycott of her music because she decided to perform on the grounds of unity.

The singer lost her spot with director Spike Lee. He nixed the idea of using her songs on his Netflix series.

Of course, many also threw death threats her way.

The singer even said that Trump ignored her after the performance.

"Originally I was supposed to perform directly after his first speech, and I had done that with Barack Obama before, so I was used to that kind of experience. And the woman who organized the event came and told me, 'Now you're going to go first and he's going to go after you'. I looked her in the eye and said, 'My family has disowned me. If you decide to Google me, you'll see that America is writing about me in their newspapers. I'm the black poster child for discord right now, and he's not going to shake my hand?' So no, I didn't get to meet him."

Michele said that the Women's March is an example of the power that drives her to sing. She supports the march.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails