Tuesday, July 01, 2014

You Try And Try But Again You Can't Fix Stupid! [NSFW]

Another story featuring America's most famous chicken restaurant.

Today, I went to a local gas station in my area. I purchased a couple of gas station hotdogs, an ice tea, a bag of Lay's Cheesy Bread chips and double bacon cheeseburger. I went to the front of the counter and was given the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my time as a person who actually works in service.

I make it clear: I work in service. It can be extremely stressful working in the service industry. You can't satisfy everyone. I am an example of this trend where I have to observe how I am treated in the service industry.

If I am to satisfy my guest, I would go out of my way to serve them. I will push a sale. I have pushed a sale and I always thank a guest.

I work two jobs. I work at a racino and gas station respectively. I can relate to the situation.

Anyway, here's another story about KFC. Before I rush to conclusions, I wanted to see proof of this.

Coming straight out of  the United Kingdom, a woman's claim that her boy eat one of those famous chicken dinners and out of the drumstick comes a paper towel.

Krystal Henderson, 29, and 7-year-old stepson Oliver Hallam purchased takeout from a KFC branch in Killingsworth, according to the Express. At home, Oliver took a bite out of what he assumed was chicken, but recoiled seconds later.

"He pulled it out of his mouth and when he did, it pulled away the batter - you could see the blue roll inside," Henderson said, according to the Daily Mail.

Henderson said that realizing Oliver had bitten into a paper towel was worse than if it had just been bad chicken.

"If it was bad chicken they might have just had a bad batch or something," she said. "But the blue roll could have been used for anything - it could have bleach or disinfectant on it … Had someone wiped their hands on it, had it been used to wipe the floor?"

KFC investigated the incident and, in May, sent Henderson an apology letter, explaining

"the blue tissue has most likely originated from a tissue roll used for KFC hygiene purposes. The store assume it must have fallen unseen into the breading lug that is under the sieve and was not noticed by the cook."

A spokesperson for KFC made the following statement, obtained by the Mirror:
We're very sorry for Ms Henderson's experience and apologized to her immediately, as well as giving her a refund at the time of the incident.
We take food quality and hygiene very seriously and unfortunately, on this extremely rare occasion, our restaurant failed to meet the high standards that both we and our customers expect.
We have retrained staff on our stringent food preparation procedures at this store to ensure this doesn't happen again.
The company also offered Henderson a free meal.

I will let you know that I can't judge the company for incompetence. After all, Yum! Brands managed to scrape by another scandal. Last month a little girl was being used in a deliberate hoax.

She was injured severely by a pitbull and was badly disfigured. According to the family, they told the junk food media that she was banned from the restaurant.

It turned into a major controversy and led to KFC paying for the girl's medical bills. The regional restaurant management checked the cameras and found that the family made the story up. Their donation website for the little girl Victoria Wilcher was suspended.

Nothing happened yet but soon it will.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails