Monday, February 04, 2013

Ohio Mother May Get Life In Prison For Death Of Son!

Ohio couple facing prison time for murder of toddler.

Although, I've distanced myself from my best friend (and two others I've previously associated with), I can testify that lives were changed that night when we found out that his son was dead! This friend experienced a traumatic incident in which he lost his youngest son to a crime committed by a man and the mother of his child.

Today, I want to share a brief and yet subtle opinion of this tragedy. It hits close to home because I know the individual and his family. It's been over a year since the death of his youngest son, and I am assuming that he's trying his best to move forward.

Joe Watson and Michelle Mooty are the people responsible in the death of a toddler named Levi Barrett.

Mooty who also was the mother of three other children was staying at the home of Watson.
My best friend's son Levi was killed in December 2011 by an abusive parent.
Watson and Mooty were a couple at the time when it was reported in December 2011, the boy was injured in a "fall" and taken to the hospital to be treated. The boy's injuries didn't amount to a fall! The police and county prosecutors didn't think the story matched up! With an indictment by the prosecutor, the mother and her boyfriend were charged with murder.

The police charged Watson with murder and Mooty with reckless endangerment and allowing child abuse.

Watson was recently sentenced for 15 to life in prison. Watson has a child with Mooty. He may never see his child ever grow up! Mooty right now is going to face her fate soon. Mooty could get 10 years to life if she is found guilty in this. She may lose her children to adoptive services and my friend will go through legal limbo to obtain custody.

They both realized that the court system is brutal on bad parents.
________________________________________


My Note To The Underwritten:

My friend isn't perfect. He's a struggling person with his own personal demons. For over 10 years, we've been friends. Through the good times and often bad times, I've tried to be there as much as I could! He didn't need my help, so we moved on!

My friend has a perennial habit of moving from home to home, job to job, from a girl to another girl, and from jail to court!

His personal demons began when he became a first time father! He met a woman near one of his jobs and became a father to his first child. He would eventually bailed out on his responsibilities as a parent.

He would later have two other sons by Michelle Mooty and eventually bail out on them. Although he loved his children, he wanted to venue into dead ends like drug dealing, selling stolen property and making enemies with friends and family. This all came to head when he realized that day he would never see his youngest son alive ever again!

As his first child grows up to become a teenager and his second child begins to understand life itself, my friend has to "get his ass" together to better himself for the sake of his children.

Now I've haven't spoken to him in nearly a year. I can only assume he'll have more children and keep a memory of his son either through his part-time career as a rapper or tattoos on his body. Something symbolic.

My other two friends are struggling as well.

My friend's first child comes from one my friends. She struggles as a mother of two with thoughts of her mother. Her mother was killed in a domestic violence dispute when she was very young and it permanently scarred her for life.

The last friend explained is former ex-girlfriend. This one comes from a troubled home. Being a rape survivor and a shooting victim seven years ago in December hasn't changed her from the reckless behavior. She nearly died in 2005, after one of her boyfriends shot her in the chest.

Each of these individuals are troubled. They've relied on me for years for personal advice and help in crisis after crisis. Each of them had opportunities as I to move on with success. Yet, we're still here with the burden of our personal demons.

I concluded that it's time to move away from them! I figured that problems may come and go from time to time, I figured that I exhausted my options and will no longer be a reliable friend.

I wish them all well, but as of today, they're issues aren't my problems anymore! I've got my own problems to deal with!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails