Pages

Monday, August 03, 2026

Let Your Hair Grow!

Fresh cuts.

I am no longer going to barber shops. I am letting my hair grow. Hoewver, I am experiencing crown alopecia. It is starting to excel amd I am trying to stop it by buying hair regrowth formulas and eating biotin.

I know I have a desperation phase as I enter my mid-40s. I mean don’t feel like you're having a midlife crisis.

Anyway, did you Black owned barber shops are struggling? It is getting harder for Black businesses that operate on hair and nails. 

The average price of a haircut for men is now $40. It has went from the price of $25 to the minimum average plus tips. If you have any added features, you can pay at least $80 to $100.

What changed?

The pandemic, inflation and lastly, the social media influencers.

When social media influncers are posting their haircuts of their clients, sharing those sexual battery videos of playing with men's lips or the viral of a man trying to suck on a fat man's breasts while he lining up his hairline.

All weird nonsense for clicks.

Factors like the rise of private grooming suites over booth rentals, consumer pushback against soaring haircut prices, and a massive drop in vocational apprenticeships are reshaping the profession.

Many barbers are abandoning traditional open shops in favor of independent, single-chair suites. This business model gives them full control over their schedules, environments, and earnings without paying booth rent to an owner. However, this fragments the traditional "barbershop community" and makes walk-in traffic practically non-existent, forcing barbers to rely entirely on their own marketing.

Economic inflation and rising individual prices have led to consumer pushback. Many men are extending the time between their cuts or opting for DIY grooming to save money. This has created a divide between shops that raise prices and customers who feel priced out of basic services.

No comments:

Post a Comment