Friday, April 19, 2019

He "Loved" Her To Death!

Ohio woman's death hits close to home.
Women, there's always a choice. I'm sitting here reminiscing about the good times and bad times.

I think to myself, "What more can I do when they say they don't need your help?"

"What more can I do when you offer all you could but it never works?"

This hits close to home. A good friend had just passed away this week. The Ohio woman was 26 years old and had a future cut short because of "love." She died a month before her birthday.

This asshole physically and emotionally abused her.

He "loved" her to death.

Now a life is lost and this asshole is on the run.

She tried to get her life together. She went through sexual abuse, drugs and chose a life that many chastise in public. A young woman who believe that she could change the man she's loved for nearly a year.

When she got her first taste of knuckle style chili, I've immediately told her to get out of the relationship. I said that you don't deserve to be physically abused by this asshole.

The second time, she called me screaming and crying. I told her to get out and I will pick her up. But the phone got disconnected. I called the law and told the dispatcher, that I am certain that he's hurting her and I need a welfare check as soon as possible.

Nothing came of that.

From time to time, I would hear from her and I've asked her about how's she was doing. She told me that she and her beau were fine. From time to time, she told me that he would be upset over some things but it was not physical.

I knew when I met this guy I felt a vibe about him. She told me that he was a 43 year old former gang banger. He spent time in the iron college for domestic violence. He had numerous children and he was hoping to plant another flag.
This asshole killed the woman he "loved."
She love him so much. She was afraid to call the law because she felt that if he got out he would harm her. She had no where else to go. She had a criminal history and feared being arrested.

I stated many times to her that the options were on the table. I urged her to go to the local YWCA and the women's shelters in the community. I've even told this asshole to find mental health treatment facilities that help you cope with sexual abuse. He was also a victim of sexual abuse.

They ignored my pleas to change.  They thought they could handle the problems on their own.

A life lost because of domestic violence.
I remember getting a call from her a week ago. She called my phone while I was on my way to work.

She used to often call me at the worst times. I blew off the call. Somehow I wished I've answered that call.

I found out from her family she was in the hospital. The asshole abused her and broke her ribs and nose. She likely died of blood loss and infection. She wanted to be a first-time mother and have a great future. It's a shame she picked the wrong person to have a future with.

Now I can only imagine how her family feels. We all wished we could have done something to save her life. It was hard to decide on whether we write her off or enabling her......

It's hard to figure out why men abuse their wives, girlfriends and children! I don't know if this is a control issue or a mental issue. Nothing can explain the reasons to why some folks choose to do harm to those they've loved. I mean there's no turning back from death.

Women: If you're in a violent relationship, please get out.

Don't let the man "love" you to death....

She was a beautiful soul and I am sadden to hear the news about her death.

Not much is said about human beings these days other than we all have decisions and it's unfortunate that some choose to use their "love" to hurt those they love.

To honor her memory, make sure you try to donate to a local women's shelter like the YWCA or domestic violence centers.

Once caught, he could face involuntary manslaughter and second-degree murder. He will be facing 15 to LIFE in the iron college. The suspect is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

1 comment:

La Reyna said...

I'm so sorry about your loss of your dear friend. May Ms. Shannon rest in peace and in power.

Violence against women is real and we need to take this seriously. Unfortunately, some people in this world trivialize womens' suffering and some of them are currently in power. That's sad and that indifference needs to stop.

La Reyna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails