Monday, January 28, 2019

JayO Sama Passed Away!

Rapper JayO Sama loses his life to gun violence.
Thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers. Thoughts and prayers won't bring back the dead or heal the wounded. It's a deflection. It's meaningless platitudes to deflect from the real problem in the United States. All the "rest in peace" shout outs won't help much either. It's just another "feel good-ism."

Gun violence continues to plague our nation. About 94 people die a day due to firearms.

The bullet doesn't discriminate.  It doesn't care about your race, gender, sexuality, nationality, religion, political, economic and social standings. It will hit a target regardless.

America has become numb to gun violence. There's been mass shootings almost everyday.

Some become national discussion. Others stay as local news.

The need for change is going to be difficult. The National Rifle Association has a grip over Congress.

Donald J. Trump, Mike Pence, Republicans and Democrats offer nothing but "thoughts and prayers" and "their hearts going out to" whenever gun violence occurs.

Enough is enough.

Again in Florida. The state should have elected Andrew Gillum. He would have been a better choice than this racist. Governor Ron DeSantis, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) will continue to wrap their asses around the gun lobby and push more stupider laws that give white men more power to kill people of color.

Of course, when a Black on whatever crime happens, the Republicans want to flex the only muscle they have in the fight on crime. Their goddamn tongues. They would love to see black and brown men locked up for gun crimes. Or maybe they'll love to see them shot and killed without due process.

I don't know. I know Republicans think like white extremists though!

Rapper JayO Sama (born Jonas Jayyon Joseph) was killed in West Palm Beach. He was an up and coming rapper who wanted to rise to greatness. Unfortunately, his young life was taken by the violence that plagues America.

We can't blame rap music for gun violence. Because if we start blaming hip-hop music, we should go after everyone else. Because blaming one entity for the acts of one person is not productive.


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by JayO Sama 🇭🇹 (@jayo_sama) on


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by JayO Sama 🇭🇹 (@jayo_sama) on




JayO Sama was found dead inside the vehicle he was riding in. The rapper was shot after a recording session. His young life will leave a big hole in the life of his girlfriend.

The victim's girlfriend Sofia Veronica was pregnant with his first child.

The woman posted tributes and heartbreak.




View this post on Instagram

A post shared by @ sofiaveronicaa on


View this post on Instagram

Have y’all ever felt a pain so painful it feels like a thousand knives going through your heart ? A thousand times ? He was my backbone. Nobody had me like he did. Y’all think y’all know jay. But y’all didn’t. Y’all think you know how I feel but you don’t. Stop texting me calling me tagging me in stuff because y’all won’t ACTUALLY pray for me. Y’all will live a happy new day tomorrow when now I will never have a happy day. They say the good die young.. this man heart was big. He was solid to the T. I’m leaving this up to let y’all know he didn’t deserve this. Trust me. He was changing we had plans and was about to move in together in a couple days with our baby stuff and now ? Someone took that away from me and his son. RIP to a man who never let me down. Who loved me HARD and let me know every night. Who fed me when I had nothing. Who held me when I had no one. Who came home when he said he would. Who held my belly every night and told me how we were going to be the next big thing. You think you know how it feels ? YOU don’t. I love you fly high baby❤️
A post shared by @ sofiaveronicaa on



The rapper served time in the iron college for drug dealing. He gave up the normal role of getting an education. He dropped out of school and admitted that he was marked. He is product of a Haitian heritage. He often stood up for other kids in school who were picked on for being Haitian.

He was targeted for assassination.

The suspects are still at large. They will eventually be caught and face capital murder. The charges will hold the DEATH card if convicted.

Those involved will be innocent until proven guilty.

A young life in entertainment cut short. P.O.M.E.

(Product of my environment)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails